Getting Started - Eclipse Compilation

Amit Patankar

May 21, 2015, 10:29:17 AM5/21/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I want to use and customize Eclipse SCADA for our company's Building Automation purpose.

I have downloaded all the sources using the Git links posted on Eclipse SCADA links into a single Build directory. After that I imported all the sources on a Windows based Kepler Eclipse platform. But it is not able to compile and there are thousands of errors in each module.

Could you please help post a link which gives details of all the dependency plugins and tools (Maven, Apache, ...) needed or may be a step by step process to compile these sources would certainly help

Thanks in advance.

Jens Reimann

May 21, 2015, 12:51:33 PM5/21/15
to open...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Did you check the eclipse scada wiki?

https://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseSCADA

Jens

Amit Patankar

Jun 1, 2015, 10:22:43 PM6/1/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jens,

In fact I went through your page as well as screencast on this https://openscada.atlassian.net/wiki/display/OP/HowToDevelop
It is great ! I also am able to compile to sources without any errors

But could you please guide me on how to run it now. (Like which is the startup project, which configurations to use, any PDE changes needed to run, and so on..) I used "Run As" on different projects but the execution halts with different errors.

Jens Reimann

Jun 2, 2015, 6:47:22 AM6/2/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

could you be a bit more specific on what you are trying to do? Which applications do you want to start up? Which errors you get?

It is hard to help otherwise.

Kind regards

Jens

Amit Patankar

Jun 2, 2015, 7:25:00 AM6/2/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Ok.Basically I imported all the Eclipse SCADA sources (core, hmi, ide and so on..) And then somehow managed to compile them. (Zero errors)

Now what I want is to play with this newly build sources, see the execution flow and see the compiled code running through Eclipse.

Then I would want to create a new cofiguration project or say create some plant receipe (new building design using existing controls) and use it for creatind SCADA for our building with required customizations to code if required.

Not sure if this is the right way to go but your help and guidance will definitely help.

Thanks!

Nilesh Vora

Jul 15, 2016, 2:51:44 AM7/15/16
to openSCADA
Hey Amit,

I exactly stuck at where you were. Did you get your answers? How did you manage to compile them all?

Frank Z

Jul 15, 2016, 4:15:27 AM7/15/16
to openSCADA
Hi,
Have you ever make use of the .target file, such as targetPlatformSdk.target, and set it as the target platform?

在 2015年5月21日星期四 UTC+8下午10:29:17,Amit Patankar写道:

Nilesh Vora

Jul 15, 2016, 12:52:30 PM7/15/16
to openSCADA

Nope...never heard of it.

CptMauli

Jul 18, 2016, 4:03:29 AM7/18/16
to openSCADA
You can't just run the SCADA unfortunately. This has partly something to do with how the target platforms in Eclipse work, and partly is the reason that the system has no fixed configuration but can be assembled to suit to your needs. So if you really want to step through the system, make it comile is the first step. After that create an OSGi/Equinox launch configuration and put in all plugins youll want to start. You could create a configuration and see which plugins are used and assemble a start config on your own using that as your template.

Jürgen

Nilesh Vora

Jul 19, 2016, 1:01:40 AM7/19/16
to openSCADA
Okay. I spent one day on creating and understanding what target platform is. I created one target platform as defined in atlassian link. Now whole source is error-free. What is the next step?
all projects contain pom.xml . Does it means that I need to compile all with maven? If yes, then which project should be built first? Usually, After build is done, I use feature and update site project to deploy my plugins to new eclipse. Should I follow the same process for this case too?