latest release?

Rasmus Thystrup Karstensen

May 23, 2016, 8:44:08 AM5/23/16
to openSCADA
I need to write an opc_da 2.0 client, preferably in pure java, thus I am exploring Utgard.

I'm a little confused as to what is considered releases at http://openscada.org/downloads/

I have browsed my way to http://neutronium.openscada.org/download/1.3/release/1.3.1/org.openscada-1.3.1.zip

This contains the file: org.openscada.opc.lib-1.3.0.v2014....jar, which in turn contains a pom.xml, declaring the version as 1.3.0-SNAPSHOT.

Should I stick with Utgard 1.1.0 if I want to use the latest release, or is the zip-file referred above intended a release?

Jens Reimann

May 23, 2016, 9:33:21 AM5/23/16
to openSCADA

Hi,

openSCADA does not do maven releases. It does use an OSGi build process where ".qualifier" gets replaced with the build id. However Tycho will convert this to -SNAPSHOT in the maven world.

So pick the most recent 1.3.x release.

Jens

Rasmus Thystrup Karstensen

May 24, 2016, 5:02:05 AM5/24/16
to openSCADA
Thank you for the clarification, I'll go with 1.3.x.