Async20Access vs SyncAcess [Heavy load.]

nandini nelson

Sep 17, 2016, 5:06:48 AM9/17/16
to openSCADA
Hi,

I have to read values from a huge number of tags(500K) and get data in realtime.
I am SyncAccess AccessBase. What would be the poll interval that  you would suggest.

Also, I wanted to know to if I using Async20Access help me increase the performance with this huge number of tags?
But I also see there are a few issues faced by users of Async20Access.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Nandini

Jens Reimann

Sep 19, 2016, 4:13:59 AM9/19/16
to openSCADA
Hi,

if you really need realtime, then OPC and Java is the wrong technology. If you simply mean "fast", then you should be fine.

The polling interval highly depends on your system setup. Bandwidth, CPU power, RAM etc. … So you definitely need to evaluate that yourself.

Async would help ... But I never saw any stable setup.

To be honest, with those requirements I would look into a different technology than OPC DA.

Cheers

Jens

Panagiotis Kazakos

Jan 15, 2018, 6:24:09 AM1/15/18
to openSCADA
Hi Nandini,

I would like to ask you, what did you finally do? Did you manage to make everything work for all the tags? And if yes, what is the method you followed?

Thanks
Panagiotis