Rule management/maintenance questions

Jeremy Gillies

Apr 27, 2015, 4:19:13 PM4/27/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We're considering implementing using Open Rules and have a couple of questions about creating an external user interface.

1) can the rules only be defined in Java or xml?

2) Is there any way of maintaining those rules in a non-techy, high level way (eg business users to edit)?

Many thanks

Jeremy

OpenRules Support

Apr 27, 2015, 4:24:39 PM4/27/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
1) Yes, see External Rules http://openrules.com/pdf/OpenRulesUserManual.ExternalRules.pdf
2) OpenRules is especially friendly for "a non-techy" and offers them standardized decision tables that can be created, tested and maintained by business people directly in their favorite Excel or Google Docs. See this popular tutorial: http://openrules.com/pdf/Tutorial.DecisionPatientTherapy.pdf

Support

Jeremy Gillies

Apr 28, 2015, 10:05:32 AM4/28/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your swift reply. We're still evaluating as we're interested in an easy to use UI for the creation of rules.