Business Concepts with String Datatype

Sandy

Feb 13, 2015, 2:29:47 PM2/13/15
to open...@googlegroups.com

My usecase requires me to set String variables in Decision Map (apart from custom objects) something like below

decision.put("Request", request);
decision.put("Response", response);

decision.put("SomeKey", "Some VALUE");

Firstly, how do I associate the business object to the Business concept (String)?

DecisionObject decisionObjects
Business Concept Business Object
Request :=decision.get("Request")
Response
String***
:=decision.get("Response")
:=descision.get("SomeKey")

*** Does not seem to work

Secondly, how do I map it in glossary to the Fact?

OpenRules Support

Feb 13, 2015, 4:48:40 PM2/13/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sandy,

Look at the basic sample project DecisionHelloJava. Its glossary (see the attached Glossary.xls) defines all decision variables (fact types) in the first column and the business concepts Customer and Response, to which these variables belong, in the second column. The third column associates decision variables with the attributes of your Java objects. In the table "DecisionObject" (see the attached Decision.xls) you associate only (!) business concepts from the glossary (not some unknown String***) with your Java objects that you put in your decision. Then you may use all decision variables associated with these business concepts freely inside your decision tables. If you still unclear and have a particular issue, send us your project to sup...@openrules.com and we will help.

Support
Glossary.xls
Decision.xls