Can we do this without using Java?

Ade Harrison

May 9, 2015, 1:20:18 PM5/9/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Currently evaluating OpenRules/Drools and hit a bit of a problem.

I'm trying to round down a calculation without using Java. Fairly straightforward using Java's Math.Floor(.....) but is there a way just using OR? - really  important business rule maintenance has absolute minimal techy input

thanks in advance

OpenRules Support

May 9, 2015, 1:26:31 PM5/9/15
to open...@googlegroups.com, adrian.ha...@gmail.com
If you really need to use the mathematical method such as floor(..) inside your business rules, it seems the use of Math.floor(...) is a quite reasonable solution. You also may hide your calculation formula inside you own Java methods tor in the Excl table of the type Method and call it from your decision table cell.

Ade Harrison

May 11, 2015, 2:17:44 AM5/11/15
to open...@googlegroups.com, adrian.ha...@gmail.com
thanks for that, think what I really wanted was confirmation that to do anything like this, you need Java.

I guess the best way would be to have a common xls of methods roundDown(), roundUp() etc.. and just include it

many thanks

OpenRules Support

May 11, 2015, 7:41:25 AM5/11/15
to open...@googlegroups.com, adrian.ha...@gmail.com
OpenRules allows you to use Java expressions inside Excel's cells - similarly to the DMN expression language. Excel's own formulas are not supported in purpose - OpenRules uses Excel or Google Docs only as great table editing tools. This approach guarantees a very smooth integration with real-world IT systems.