Integration tests working on Travis CI

Tom Buckley-Houston

Jan 15, 2013, 7:17:18 PM1/15/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Well, here's a crazy thing; I got the integration tests working on Travis CI! Check it out;

These are the slotbox tests so there's quite a few changes, but never the less it proves it's possible :) If there's interest I can try and port it to the chef-openruko repo too. I'm currently trying to get all the tests for all the repos running on Travis, but the integration tests were definitely the biggest and likely to be the most challenging. The main thing to overcome was the fact that Travis are still using 32bit machines and the default nodejs buildpack from Heroku uses 64bit node binaries. So I just created my own custom buildpack.

Which reminds me, the handleGitCommand function wasn't adding the app's env config to the job, so BUILDPACK_URL wasn't available in the build_provision script. I've made a Pull Request for it https://github.com/openruko/apiserver/pull/17

There's some other cool stuff I've got working, like pinning the various openruko repos to specific revision hashes so that the chef recipes are guaranteed to work together https://github.com/slotbox/chef-slotbox/blob/master/solo.json#L16

I've also done some funky stuff with a custom slotbox Cli by making a plugin for Heroku. Basically it provides a new deploy command so that I can force the use of public Github repos, it disables unsupported commands and does an evil filter on IO#puts to replace all occurrences of 'heroku' with 'slotbox'!

Anyway, was just excited to tell someone all this!

tom :)

Romain

Jan 16, 2013, 2:20:04 AM1/16/13
to Tom Buckley-Houston, open...@googlegroups.com
OMG ! It's just crasy !
Of course OpenRuko is interested in seach features.

Maxence

Jan 16, 2013, 2:44:50 AM1/16/13
to Romain, Tom Buckley-Houston, open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,

that's an awesome work.
I didn't think it was possible because of all dependencies : lxc, postgres, ...

@Romain, I guess you mean "Of course OpenRuko is interested in such features." Am I right ?

Romain

Jan 16, 2013, 2:50:41 AM1/16/13
to Maxence, Tom Buckley-Houston, open...@googlegroups.com
Yes s/seach/such/g

Thomas Buckley-Houston

Jan 16, 2013, 9:51:39 AM1/16/13
to Romain, Maxence, open...@googlegroups.com
Thanks guys! Yeah, I wasn't sure it would be possible either, but I persevered. Great so I'll get it working for the chef-openruko repo too :)