Any upcoming releases with more recent Nginx version ?

Dragos Dascalita Haut

Jun 23, 2015, 12:11:33 PM6/23/15
to openre...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'd like to make use of a directive that appeared in Nginx 1.7.11 ( http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_proxy_module.html#proxy_request_buffering ), but the latest Openresty release is based on Nginx 1.7.10 as of today.

I'm thinking to build Openresty myself but I'm wondering if there's any plan for a release, or if there's any blocker with newer Nginx versions.

Thanks,
dragos

Yichun Zhang (agentzh)

Jun 23, 2015, 11:42:41 PM6/23/15
to openresty-en
Hello!

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 12:11 AM, Dragos Dascalita Haut wrote:
> I'd like to make use of a directive that appeared in Nginx 1.7.11 (
> http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_proxy_module.html#proxy_request_buffering
> ), but the latest Openresty release is based on Nginx 1.7.10 as of today.

Yes, I'm aware of that.

> I'm thinking to build Openresty myself but I'm wondering if there's any plan
> for a release, or if there's any blocker with newer Nginx versions.

Yes, there will be an OpenResty release based on the nginx 1.9.x core
(which of course includes everything 1.7.11 has) in the next month.
But before that, I have to kick off the OpenResty 1.7.10.2 release out
of the door first (in the next week probably).

Thanks!
-agentzh

Dragos Dascalita Haut

Jun 24, 2015, 11:42:23 AM6/24/15
to openre...@googlegroups.com
That's awesome agentzh. Thanks for your hard work releasing new versions.
I've seen that 1.7.10.2 release is already out which is great !

Since the next release is going to be based on nginx 1.9.x I'm thinking to try that out myself and skip 1.7.11. In the interim any idea if the Openresty release next month is happening in the first or second half of the month ?

Thanks,
dragos

Yichun Zhang (agentzh)

Jun 24, 2015, 2:03:27 PM6/24/15
to openresty-en
Hi Dragos

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 11:42 PM, Dragos Dascalita Haut wrote:
> That's awesome agentzh. Thanks for your hard work releasing new versions.
> I've seen that 1.7.10.2 release is already out which is great !

Well, it was a release candidate, not the formal one yet ;)

> Since the next release is going to be based on nginx 1.9.x I'm thinking to
> try that out myself and skip 1.7.11.

Okay.

> In the interim any idea if the
> Openresty release next month is happening in the first or second half of the
> month ?

I'll try to hit the first half but it MAY get delayed if the
incompatibles with the latest 1.9.x release at that tim takes longer
than what I can now expect.

It'll be great if you can try out the latest release candidate,
1.7.10.2 RC1, on your side, which can help ensure there's no other
unexpected things in our way :)

Thanks!
-agentzh