monitor active worker connections via prometheus/lua interface?

Steven Parkes

Apr 5, 2018, 7:54:07 PM4/5/18
to openresty-en
We use the lua/prometheus plugin/bridge to collect some nginx metrics into prometheus.

We've had cases where we've blown the number of worker connections available which leads us to want to be able to monitor the active number of connections over time.

I've looked to see if there's a way to pull this active number of worker connection via the lua interface but have come up short ... but, then, I'm not too familiar with the code.

Anybody able to comment definitively on whether this is or isn't possible?

Robert Paprocki

Apr 5, 2018, 7:56:27 PM4/5/18
to openre...@googlegroups.com
I don't believe there's a Lua-space interface for this.

Steven Parkes

Apr 9, 2018, 9:27:48 PM4/9/18
to openre...@googlegroups.com
That's what I figured. Thanks for the confirmation!