Filter material error

pears...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2018, 3:25:09 AM2/16/18
to OpenREM
Hello,

I have been using OpenREM for the past couple of months and it has already proved to very useful in my department.

One issue I have is with a Philips DigitalDiagnost which codes Filter Material as:
(0018,7050) CS [COPPER\ALUMINIUM] # 16, 2 FilterMaterial

This results in the following error while parsing:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/openrem_dx.py", line 24, in <module>
dx(filename)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/celery/local.py", line 191, in __call__
return self._get_current_object()(*a, **kw)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/celery/app/task.py", line 380, in __call__
return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openrem/remapp/extractors/dx.py", line 815, in dx
_dx2db(dataset)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openrem/remapp/extractors/dx.py", line 714, in _dx2db
_generalstudymoduleattributes(dataset, g)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openrem/remapp/extractors/dx.py", line 621, in _generalstudymoduleattributes
_projectionxrayradiationdose(dataset, g, ch)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openrem/remapp/extractors/dx.py", line 443, in _projectionxrayradiationdose
_irradiationeventxraydata(dataset, proj, ch)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openrem/remapp/extractors/dx.py", line 404, in _irradiationeventxraydata
_irradiationeventxraysourcedata(dataset, event)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openrem/remapp/extractors/dx.py", line 281, in _irradiationeventxraysourcedata
_xray_filters_prep(dataset, source)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openrem/remapp/extractors/dx.py", line 164, in _xray_filters_prep
xray_filter_thickness_minimum, source
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openrem/remapp/extractors/dx.py", line 71, in _xrayfilters
if material.strip().lower() == 'molybdenum':
AttributeError: 'MultiValue' object has no attribute 'strip'

What do you suggest?

Mark Pearson
PACS Admin
Royal Hobart Hospital

Ed McDonagh

Feb 16, 2018, 8:31:53 AM2/16/18
to OpenREM
Hi Mark. I'm pleased you have been finding it useful, thank you for the feedback :-)

I assume that you are using version 0.7.4? I know that the code for multivalue filters was changed between version 0.7.4 and 0.8.0, which is currently in beta release.

Would you be able to do one of the following two things please?
1. Install version 0.8.0 beta 1 as a test install, and attempt to import your Philips DX image into that (and report back), or
2. Send me a sample DX file that I can test with - ideally a QA image or similar so that there are no patient details to anonymise - the anonymisation process often strips useful elements!

If you are going for option 1, the instructions can be found at http://docs.openrem.org/en/0.8.0b1/installation.html
If you are going for option 2, send it directly to me (email should be in the 'from' address of this email).

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Ed

pears...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2018, 7:30:56 PM2/18/18
to OpenREM
I am using 0.8.0b1 so have sent a test image in a separate email.

Ed McDonagh

Feb 19, 2018, 5:23:48 PM2/19/18
to pears...@gmail.com, OpenREM
Thanks for the test image Mark. I think I have fixed the issues - are you able to substitute the dx.py file in your 0.8.0b1 install with the one in the issue 593 branch on bitbucket?

If you are able to confirm the new dx.py gives you the expected behaviour that would be really useful. You might need to stop and start celery again before testing.

Kind regards,

Ed

pears...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2018, 6:33:17 PM2/19/18
to OpenREM
On Friday, 16 February 2018 19:25:09 UTC+11, Mark Pearson wrote:
Thanks the new version works and all fields appear to have correct values.