Not displaying some studies

matthe...@lthtr.nhs.uk

Jul 4, 2019, 11:16:03 AM7/4/19
to OpenREM
Hi

We've begun using openrem in our radiotherapy department for CT dose audits (thanks, it's great!), but for some reason it's not displaying all the studies. On the front page it states "There are X studies in this database", but under CT (the only subcategory) approximately 10% of the studies seem to be missing.

The only trend I've noticed so far is that no 4DCT scans are being displayed, I checked the import log when trying to import a single dose report and the log indicates that the study is already in the database.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

Matt
Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust

Ed McDonagh

Jul 4, 2019, 11:33:46 AM7/4/19
to matthe...@lthtr.nhs.uk, OpenREM
Hi Matt (and thanks for the bug report - one of us will take a look at that later!)

Is there anything being displayed in the database that is associated with the 4DCT studies? Either the study has been imported, but is not displaying as you are expecting it to, or another study has been imported with enough details being the same for the new study not to be imported.

If you look at Config -> Display names & modality you might find some more information - either modalities you didn't expect, or if you click on Review you might find your studies, depending on how many you have imported!

I don't suppose you have a QA example of a 4DCT study that won't import do you? If you have, then sending me a copy would be very helpful!

The other things to ask are:
* Which make of CT scanner
* Which model
* Importing RDSR, or Philips Dose Info screenshots, or using the Toshiba facility to create RDSRs from images

Kind regards

Ed

Dixon Matthew (LTHTR)

Jul 4, 2019, 11:49:58 AM7/4/19
to Ed McDonagh, OpenREM

Hi Ed, thanks for responding so quickly! I’ll answer what I can now.

I can’t find any mention of the study from the front end, I did look in the modalities section but there wasn’t any new ones and I looked in the review section for both our CT scanners but couldn’t see the 4D patient.

The scanner is a Philips Big Bore running v4.2 and we’re importing from RDSRs.

I’ll sneak on the scanner in the next day or two and take a QA image on our 4D clinical protocol and send it to you.

Thanks again

Matt

Ed McDonagh

Jul 4, 2019, 11:58:56 AM7/4/19
to Dixon Matthew (LTHTR), OpenREM
Perfect, thanks for that. I don't think I've seen a Philips BigBore 4DCT with RDSRs so I don't know if there is anything unusual going on.

Our BigBore was pre-RDSR, and our Siemens 4DCT RDSRs from the Confidence import fine.

Ed McDonagh

Jul 4, 2019, 4:04:18 PM7/4/19
to Dixon Matthew (LTHTR), OpenREM
Thanks for sending me an example RDSR Matt. I have found and fixed the issue - see https://bitbucket.org/openrem/openrem/issues/765/bigbore-4dct-fails-on-import#comment-52855261 for instructions for fixing your setup until the next version is released.

Can I add your example file to the repository for automated testing against? I'll change all the institution names, serial numbers and UIDs etc

Thanks,

Ed

Dixon Matthew (LTHTR)

Jul 5, 2019, 4:11:47 AM7/5/19
to Ed McDonagh, OpenREM

Ed

Of course not a problem!

Thank you for fixing it, and so fast!

Matt

Jul 5, 2019, 5:03:51 AM7/5/19
to Ed McDonagh, OpenREM

Ed

I’ve applied the fix but I’ve been unable to remove the imports. There are unfortunately no studies under ‘Other’ they appear to all be under CT (see attached screenshot). When I go into review for one of the CT scanners I see the message seen on the second screenshot.

I was wondering if the equipment was labelled as the modality ‘CT’, the studies were labelled with the equipment but the studies were not labelled CT and therefore were getting filtered out.

Is the easiest way just to delete all studies associated with the two and import everything from scratch? I’ve only got 3 months’ worth of data so I can leave it importing overnight.

Thanks again

Matt

Jul 5, 2019, 5:38:43 AM7/5/19
to Dixon Matthew (LTHTR), OpenREM
So they must be somewhere! You can see that there are 15 CTSIM1 studies and 27 CTSIM2 studies that are in the database but the import failed before the modality_type was set to CT and saved.

Can you send me a screenshot of the whole Display names & modality page?

Dixon Matthew (LTHTR)

Jul 5, 2019, 5:43:28 AM7/5/19
to Ed McDonagh, OpenREM

Screen attached.

Thanks

Matt

Jul 5, 2019, 5:52:10 AM7/5/19
to Dixon Matthew (LTHTR), OpenREM
Bother!

Not sure why that is.

However, this is what I would do to clean up your database:
* Open a shell/command window
* Activate your virtualenv if you are using one
* Move to the folder openrem with manage.py in it
* type python manage.py shell
* Then:

In [1]: from remapp.models import GeneralStudyModuleAttr
In [2]: a = GeneralStudyModuleAttr.objects.exclude(modality_type__exact='CT')
In [3]: a.count()
Out[3]: 42
In [4]: a.delete()

Only do the delete line if the count returns the right number, which I think should be 42 in your case!

Dixon Matthew (LTHTR)

Jul 5, 2019, 5:59:40 AM7/5/19
to Ed McDonagh, OpenREM

That seems to have done the trick thanks.