Automatic update imported data from Google Drive Spreadsheets

velf...@medio.cz

Jul 2, 2014, 3:00:37 AM7/2/14
to openr...@googlegroups.com
I need to refresh my dataset with every change in original Google Spreadsheets. Don't know how. Can anyone advise? Thanks

Tom Morris

Jul 2, 2014, 9:23:56 AM7/2/14
to openr...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 3:00 AM, <velf...@medio.cz> wrote:
I need to refresh my dataset with every change in original Google Spreadsheets. Don't know how. Can anyone advise? Thanks

OpenRefine doesn't currently provide a way to do this.  A snapshot of the data is taken at import time.

Tom

velf...@medio.cz

Jul 3, 2014, 7:24:08 AM7/3/14
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. That´s bad news.
( I see that I inserted a question about 6 times :)

Owen Stephens

Jul 3, 2014, 8:09:14 AM7/3/14
to openr...@googlegroups.com
As Tom says there isn't a way of doing this but if you said more about what you are trying to achieve there maybe some hints people can offer as to the most effective way of achieving your aim without a 'refresh data' function built into OpenRefine

Happy to offer advice if you can describe a bit more of what you need to do