Proxy login/password (fetch url)

Baptou Perrinos

Jul 6, 2015, 6:26:36 AM7/6/15
to openr...@googlegroups.com
hello

I search since few months,
How spent the proxy with authentication, when I seen import data from a url?
(edit column/add column  by fetching URLs

I need to specify a username and password,
I try with the java option:

in refine.ini

# Some sample configurations. These have no defaults.
#ANT_HOME=C:\grefine\tools\apache-ant-1.8.1
JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_25
#JAVA_OPTIONS=-XX:+UseParallelGC -verbose:gc -Drefine.headless=true
#JAVA_OPTIONS=-Drefine.data_dir=C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\OpenRefine
JAVA_OPTIONS=-Drefine.data_dir=C:\Users\******************
#JAVA_OPTS=-Dhttp.proxySet=true
#JAVA_OPTS=-Dhttp.proxyHost=**************
#JAVA_OPTS=-Dhttp.proxyPort=3128
#JAVA_OPTS=-Dhttp.proxyUser=************
#JAVA_OPTS=-Dhttp.proxyPassword=******************
#JAVA_OPTS=-Dhttp.nonProxyHosts=**********
JAVA_OPTIONS=-Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true
#JAVA_OPTS="-Dhttp.proxySet=true,-Dhttp.proxyHost=**********,-Dhttp.proxyPort=3128-Dhttp.proxyUser=******,-Dhttp.proxyPassword=*************"

#-Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true

it's not work

thank you for your help

Martin Magdinier

Jul 6, 2015, 8:34:55 AM7/6/15
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Refine have a very limited (if not no) support to pass user credential to an other webserver.

If the resource is protected by an htpassword type did you try to pass the login and password through the URL directly? Your GREL expression will looks like this:
"http://username:pass...@url.com/parameters="+value
Martin

Bapt P.

Oct 29, 2015, 11:44:12 AM10/29/15
to OpenRefine

Hello
I have the solution,
Use a proxy in local that can specify a user name / password and accept non identification user :)

CCproxy is nice

qi cui

Oct 29, 2015, 10:54:01 PM10/29/15
to OpenRefine
Authentication for the proxy server and authentication for the protected file are different. The way you did only apply  the user/pass to the proxy server but not the http server itself. ie, you still tried to access the protected file without the authentication.

Try martin's proposal, that should work

Petr Netík

Jun 20, 2017, 4:55:21 PM6/20/17
to OpenRefine
Hi,
I've tried your solution but I have a problem. I don't have a web account. I just fill in the password, not user name. All users are the same.
It's in a co.uk domain. Is it possible that this should be problem?