New Online OpenRefine Foundation Course

Martin Magdinier

Oct 2, 2015, 3:42:32 PM10/2/15
to openrefine
Hello !

Following the recent training and presentation made around OpenRefine, I
am happy to announce the release of OpenRefine first online course in
partnership with Big Data University.

OpenRefine Foundation is a progressive program that provides structure
and direction for students new to data cleaning and preparation and let
you learn the basics of OpenRefine and data manipulation in only 7
hours. There are a total of 23 instructional videos and 7 hands-on lab
split into 5 lessons.

Learn more here:
http://refinepro.com/blog/online-openrefine-foundation-course-now-available/

Register here:
http://bigdatauniversity.com/bdu-wp/bdu-course/introduction-to-openrefine/

Let us know what you'd like to learn next and how we can improve this
first course.

Happy refining.

Martin Magdinier

Thad Guidry

Oct 2, 2015, 3:50:58 PM10/2/15
to openrefine
For those that do not know....

Big Data University is in partnership with IBM and UN Global Goals, and provides FREE instruction on big data, data science, and analytic technologies.

Martin, would you care for me to review the course so far, when I have time, and provide feedback ?

Martin Magdinier

Martin Magdinier

Oct 2, 2015, 4:01:12 PM10/2/15
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Yes I forgot to mention the course if free, thank you for the reminder Thad,

Feedback are always welcome. For sure we will have a v1.1 or v2 as people go through the course and report bug / issue.

Thank you
Martin

Martin Magdinier

Oct 3, 2015, 2:12:07 PM10/3/15
to openrefine
Thank for the PR. The doc page is much clearer now :)

Martin

Jonathon Paarlberg

Oct 8, 2015, 9:25:19 AM10/8/15
to OpenRefine
Cool. I signed up, Martin.

Bernard Bourée

Feb 16, 2017, 3:42:44 AM2/16/17
to OpenRefine
HI Is this course still active?
The link for registering is broken
Bernard

Martin Magdinier

Feb 16, 2017, 8:45:42 AM2/16/17
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Bernard,

The course is still active. The bigdatauniversity moved to new website since we made the announcement. the new link is: https://bigdatauniversity.com/courses/introduction-to-openrefine/

Martin

孟焯

Oct 10, 2017, 12:18:35 AM10/10/17
to OpenRefine
Great, it's renamed as "OpenRefine 101".

在 2017年2月16日星期四 UTC+8下午9:45:42,magdmartin写道:

magdmartin

Oct 10, 2017, 8:13:13 PM10/10/17
to OpenRefine

simoni...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2019, 10:44:36 AM3/5/19
to OpenRefine
Hello there ....

do you know if the content is still available some whre ?
It seems that CognitiveClaa.AI do not provide it anymore.

Thx a lot.

Owen Stephens

Mar 6, 2019, 5:18:51 AM3/6/19
to OpenRefine
It looks like they now have a more general class on data science tools, with a module on OpenRefine

I'm afraid I don't know how far this is similar to the previous course

Owen

Martin Magdinier

Mar 8, 2019, 10:23:55 PM3/8/19
to openrefine
Cognitive class took the course offline without warning me.
I have a backup and I will try to restore it on another platform. It may takes a few weeks.

Martin

magdmartin

Apr 15, 2019, 2:02:28 PM4/15/19
to OpenRefine