OpenRefine and uploading data to Freebase

Rebecca Caswell

Jun 19, 2014, 4:28:22 PM6/19/14
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am trying to upload a large amount of data into freebase through OpenRefine. However, the Schema Alignment Tool does not appear to be working - the search does not work so I cannot specify a topic. I am wondering if OpenRefine even works for uploading data to freebase anymore? And is there some other way to upload the data to freebase?

Thank you,

Rebecca

Tom Morris

Jun 19, 2014, 5:33:23 PM6/19/14
to openr...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 4:28 PM, Rebecca Caswell <zebra...@gmail.com> wrote:

I am trying to upload a large amount of data into freebase through OpenRefine. However, the Schema Alignment Tool does not appear to be working - the search does not work so I cannot specify a topic. I am wondering if OpenRefine even works for uploading data to freebase anymore?

Nope.  This has been broken for months and is unlikely to come back unlike some of the other capabilities such as Freebase reconciliiation.

And is there some other way to upload the data to freebase?

Not as far as I know, but you should ask the Freebase folks (ie Google) what they have or have planned for bulk data load capabilities.

Tom