Reconciliation with Getty AAT

Silvia Southwick

Jun 16, 2015, 9:07:36 PM6/16/15
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have been reconciling our data with Library of Congress thesauri and authority files with no problem. I have tried reconciling with Getty Art and Architecture Thesaurus (AAT) but was not able to do it. I have created a reconciliation service using the Getty Sparql end point (http://vocab.getty.edu/sparql) and the predicate rds:Label. I have a guess that the problem might be related to the fact tha AAT is multilingual. I would like to provide the language for this reconciliation but the reconciliation service form doesn't have a field for language. Any suggestion how to deal with this issue?

Thanks, Silvia

--
------------------------------
Silvia Barcellos Southwick

Owen Stephens

Jun 17, 2015, 6:40:59 AM6/17/15
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Silvia,

I can replicate this error. I've done a bit of digging and reported the problem to the team who developed the RDF/SPARQL Reconcilliation extension (https://github.com/fadmaa/grefine-rdf-extension/issues/111)

In terms of work around it may depend on the functionality you need. It's possible you might be able to do something with the Getty download files http://vocab.getty.edu/doc/#Export_Files but I've not found anything really straightforward.

Owen

Silvia Southwick

Jun 17, 2015, 12:23:13 PM6/17/15
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Hello Owens,

Thank you so much for your prompt response. Please let me know if you hear anything concerning this issue from the RDF/SPARQL Reconcilliation extension development team. I will try to work with the dumps but would prefer to see this problem resolved so that I would not need to keep the AAT data in our server.

Regards, Silvia

Tom Morris

Jun 17, 2015, 12:55:25 PM6/17/15
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Owen - Thanks for investigating and filing the bug report.

Silvia - Just to set expectations, both the RDF Extension and
OpenRefine itself are maintained by teams of volunteers, so turnaround
time on fixes can be, shall we say, "variable." If it's something you
need for work, you might want to look into engaging someone to support
your organization.

Tom

Luiza Wainer

Apr 20, 2017, 9:16:22 PM4/20/17
to OpenRefine, sbar...@gmail.com
Hi everyone,

Has any progress been made re:reconciliation with AAT?

When I try to use their SPARQL endpoint I get the spinning wheel of death as reported here. When I try uploading an RDF version of AAT as a file-based reconciliation service, I cannot filter by language to obtain the results I want (as reported by Silvia, above).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
- Luiza

Nicola Carboni

Apr 26, 2017, 5:39:06 AM4/26/17
to OpenRefine, sbar...@gmail.com
Hi luiza, I have the same problem. Any suggestion?