How do you turn off automatic type detection?

Cody Winchester

Aug 18, 2017, 10:49:58 AM8/18/17
to OpenRefine
Hi there!

I'm looking at the FAQ on memory allocation strategies for large files in Open Refine, specifically the part where it suggests turning off "detect types automatically" on import.

How do I do that?

Thank you,
Cody Winchester

Antonin Delpeuch (lists)

Aug 18, 2017, 11:02:12 AM8/18/17
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cody,

In most importers, you will find this option as a checkbox, as shown in
the attached screenshot.

I will update the wiki so that it reflects the current language.

Antonin

On 18/08/2017 15:27, Cody Winchester wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I'm looking at the FAQ on memory allocation strategies
> <https://github.com/OpenRefine/OpenRefine/wiki/FAQ%3A-Allocate-More-Memory#side-note-about-dealing-with-larger-datasets> for
checkbox.png

Cody Winchester

Aug 22, 2017, 11:16:18 AM8/22/17
to OpenRefine, li...@antonin.delpeuch.eu
Oh, I see. It's not an option for every importer -- got it. Thanks!