XML file to JSON

Mahmoud Yassin

Mar 1, 2018, 11:37:28 AM3/1/18
to OpenRefine
Hi All

I have a big XML file with 2.5 K massages and I want to convert each massage to a separate JSON file. Is it possible via refine?

So in another way : the input is 1 XML file and the output need to be 2.5 JSON files.

The reason for that is I need to ingest the output into an elastic search machine to be able to build an index for the 2.5 JSON documents.

Thanks for your time and support.

Ettore RIZZA

Mar 1, 2018, 11:45:59 AM3/1/18
to openrefine
Hi Mahmoud,

Could you post a little sample of your data and an example of the json you want ?

Thanks.

qi

Mar 2, 2018, 4:03:09 PM3/2/18
to OpenRefine
If it's just one time job, you can try:

OpenRefine can ingest json and xml file. But do not support export to JSON directly.