Paid API key

Priscila

Jun 10, 2016, 10:38:14 AM6/10/16
to OpenRefine
Good Morning
I was wondering if you could help me.
I was geocoding in open refine  using

Tired of reaching my daily limit I got a paid key, However I cannot seem to use it correctly

However I keep getting this message
{
   "error_message" : "This API project was not found. This API project may have been \"\n             R\"(deleted.",
   "results" : [],
   "status" : "REQUEST_DENIED"
}

Could you help me?
Thanks
Priscila

John Little

Jun 15, 2016, 3:40:10 PM6/15/16
to openr...@googlegroups.com
As I read this I'm wondering if you tried the google maps api support options.    From your description it looks like you have a syntax problem for querrying the API rather than an issue with OpenRefine.

xueyu...@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2016, 5:23:07 PM7/5/16
to OpenRefine
Hi there,

I have the same problem here. Did you fix that? thanks

xueyu...@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2016, 5:23:07 PM7/5/16
to OpenRefine
I just figure out that instead of using http://, you probably need to use https://. It works for me

rmal...@mail.uoguelph.ca

Jul 11, 2016, 6:21:10 PM7/11/16
to OpenRefine
Hi Priscila,

After much trial and error...This is what worked for me:

"https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/json?address="+escape(value,"url")+"&key=APIKEY###"

Cheers,
Ryan

raja kumar dash

Oct 18, 2016, 4:20:58 AM10/18/16
to OpenRefine, priscila...@gmail.com
Just supplementing the answer that Ryan gave, inserting the API key into the URL as a parameter.... If anyone runs into a similar issue with a service other than Googleapis.com, trying ensuring that your API key value is the first parameter in the URL's querystring portion. I had this issue with the API for https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/.

For geocoding with Googleapis, I got around rate limit issues by always caching the results into an aggregated OpenRefine project and checked there first before querying Google. That's not always possible or useful, though.

Shubham Agarwal

Jul 7, 2018, 6:44:51 AM7/7/18
to OpenRefine
I change http to https
place key at first query param
and enable Geocoding API.
And finally it worked

Jitendra patil

Sep 12, 2018, 9:26:14 AM9/12/18
to OpenRefine

I was forget to enable API. After enabling API it's working fine.
Thanks You so much!