Reconciling through Musicbrainz

Lara Marziali

Sep 6, 2017, 10:30:19 AM9/6/17
to OpenRefine
Hello,

I'm trying to reconcile some artists' names and I would like to use MusicBrainz with the Openrefine reconciling service. Is it possible? I searched but I didn't find anything, which I think it's strange.

Thanks,

Lara

Thad Guidry

Sep 6, 2017, 10:54:40 AM9/6/17
to OpenRefine
Just reconcile against Wikidata

Antonin Delpeuch (lists)

Sep 6, 2017, 11:07:17 AM9/6/17
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, Wikidata can be used for that. It currently stores 134940
MusicBrainz artist ids.

Note that the upcoming version of OpenRefine will make it simpler to
fetch these MusicBrainz ids. You can help us test this new version by
installing OpenRefine from source:
https://github.com/OpenRefine/OpenRefine/wiki/Get-Development-Version

Cheers
Antonin

On 06/09/2017 15:54, Thad Guidry wrote:
> Just reconcile against Wikidata
> https://github.com/OpenRefine/OpenRefine/wiki/Reconciliation
>
> then you can pull down an additional column of MusicBrainz IDs (or
> whatever you want) from Wikdata.
> https://github.com/OpenRefine/OpenRefine/wiki/Reconciliation#fetching-values-from-the-reconciled-database
>
> Project page:
> https://tools.wmflabs.org/openrefine-wikidata/
>

> On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 9:30 AM Lara Marziali
> <lara.m...@medialibrary.it <mailto:lara.m...@medialibrary.it>>
> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to reconcile some artists' names and I would like to use
> MusicBrainz with the Openrefine reconciling service. Is it possible?
> I searched but I didn't find anything, which I think it's strange.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lara
>
> --

Ettore Rizza

Sep 6, 2017, 1:19:35 PM9/6/17
to OpenRefine, li...@antonin.delpeuch.eu
Oh, you have improved the data extension API! Thank you very much Antonin :)

Lara Marziali

Sep 7, 2017, 4:28:48 AM9/7/17
to OpenRefine
Yeah, Wikidata can be used for that. It currently stores 134940
MusicBrainz artist ids.

Note that the upcoming version of OpenRefine will make it simpler to
fetch these MusicBrainz ids. You can help us test this new version by
installing OpenRefine from source:
https://github.com/OpenRefine/OpenRefine/wiki/Get-Development-Version

Ok, I will install this version and if i'll find some bugs I will write it there. Thanks to you and Thad.

Lara