automatically number down a column

Gail G

Dec 21, 2016, 10:50:53 PM12/21/16
to OpenRefine
Hello Everyone!

I'd like to do a simple function of numbering down a column. For example, I filtered a set of data and I'd like to assign a number to each cell down a column. Similar to Excel, I type 1 in one cell, drag the selection box down and I can number the cells below 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc. I'm having trouble finding this function in Openrefine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gail

Martin Magdinier

Dec 21, 2016, 10:54:51 PM12/21/16
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

You can use the following GREL: rowIndex when creating a new column. This will use the index value present in the very first column in OpenRefine.

You can read more about the function and its variants here.

Martin