Automatic update imported dataset from Google Drive Spreadsheet

Romana Velflova

Jul 2, 2014, 4:31:36 AM7/2/14
to openr...@googlegroups.com
I need to automaticly refresh imported data to project with every change in Google Spreadsheet. Unfortunately I don´t know how. Can anybody advise?

Martin Magdinier

Aug 9, 2014, 7:29:40 PM8/9/14
to openr...@googlegroups.com, r.vel...@gmail.com
Hello Romana,

Sorry for the late reply.
OpenRefine doesn't support such process.
When you create a project from Google Spreadsheet, OpenRefine copy the data in its local memory making a distinct file.

Regards
Martin

On 14-07-02 04:31 AM, Romana Velflova wrote:
I need to automaticly refresh imported data to project with every change in Google Spreadsheet. Unfortunately I don´t know how. Can anybody advise?

Tim Williams

Aug 12, 2014, 11:58:48 AM8/12/14
to openr...@googlegroups.com, r.vel...@gmail.com
The only method I have found for my own work is to:

1. Capture & save  the JSON from the original OR project.
2. Create a new project, import the updated spreadsheet
3. APPLY the JSON from the original OR project.

This works for me because I am re-applying an RDF skeleton, captured as JSON, then applied to an updated or new source spreadsheet. AFAIK, any transformations, reconciliations, etc. will have to be re-applied manually, so this will not likely address your issue.

Tim W.