Reconciliation screencast by Owen + flyout service for Wikidata

37 צפיות
מעבר להודעה הראשונה שלא נקראה

Antonin Delpeuch (lists)

לא נקראה,
7 בדצמ׳ 2017, 16:09:107.12.2017
עד OpenRefine
Hi all,

For those of you who haven't heard of it yet - brace yourselves! Owen
has made a crystal clear, comprehensive video about reconciliation in
OpenRefine:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_0jeq3PjvtADzbovAgHNzOFvOlyF6uL1
Looks like we'll soon be able to ditch the old Google Refine videos!

Also, I have some good news for the Wikidata service (it has actually
been around for a while but hasn't been noticed much): a (basic) flyout
service is available. To enable it you only need to delete the service
and add it again. When hovering a suggestion of a property or item, you
should see its description popping up next to it, like this:

http://pintoch.ulminfo.fr/4a9b7d8e9e/flyout.png

It's not as nice as having the descriptions in the suggestions
themselves (i.e. what you get on wikidata.org) but that's all I can do
without tweaking the reconciliation API. (That might be one of the
things we could consider doing next year? It would be an important UX
enhancement.)

Cheers,
Antonin

Ettore Rizza

לא נקראה,
8 בדצמ׳ 2017, 12:10:078.12.2017
עד OpenRefine
Thank you for this usefull feature, Antonin, and thanks to Owen for these tutorials!
השב לכולם
השב למחבר
העבר לנמענים
0 הודעות חדשות