Duplicate associations

Adrian Hooper

Aug 26, 2016, 10:01:02 AM8/26/16
Is it normal to receive "duplicate" associations? I'm currently bootstrapping the app with the full schedule download, and have got the app logging out any failed attempt at saving a record due to validation errors, and am getting an error on a lot of associations that the unique identifier is already taken. The identifier is being built by taking a hash of the main schedule UID, the start date, and the STP indicator.

Is it normal to be getting so many duplicates, or is my hash wrong? Should it be taking into account both the main and associated UID's?

Peter Hicks

Aug 26, 2016, 10:15:59 AM8/26/16
to Adrian Hooper, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi Adrian

> On 26 Aug 2016, at 15:01, Adrian Hooper <ageh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is it normal to receive "duplicate" associations? I'm currently bootstrapping the app with the full schedule download, and have got the app logging out any failed attempt at saving a record due to validation errors, and am getting an error on a lot of associations that the unique identifier is already taken. The identifier is being built by taking a hash of the main schedule UID, the start date, and the STP indicator.
>
> Is it normal to be getting so many duplicates, or is my hash wrong? Should it be taking into account both the main and associated UID’s?

For schedules, the unique identifier is UID/start date/STP indicator. For associations, it’s Base UID / Associated UID / Start date / Diagram type / Association Location / Base Location Suffix / Associated Location Suffix / STP Indicator.

Peter

Adrian Hooper

Aug 26, 2016, 10:17:00 AM8/26/16
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, ageh...@gmail.com

Wow, that's quite a combination! Explains the duplicates, cheers :)