reason codes for late_canc_reason ?

rob al

Nov 20, 2016, 5:19:34 PM11/20/16
I've started exploring the HSP dataset - I think it's great resource, although it would be easier to use if you didn't have to specify weekday/saturday/sunday (or if it accepted an array of one or more values). As it is, I have to manually recombine the data...

When looking at the output of /serviceDetails, I've noticed that the late_canc_reason value is usually an integer, but then isnt consistent throughout a given service. for example:

{

"serviceAttributesDetails": {

"date_of_service": "2015-11-22",

"toc_code": "LO",

"rid": "201511220131780",

"locations": [

{

"location": "ENF",

"gbtt_ptd": "0752",

"gbtt_pta": "",

"actual_td": "",

"actual_ta": "",

"late_canc_reason": "525"

},

{

"location": "BHK",

"gbtt_ptd": "0755",

"gbtt_pta": "0755",

"actual_td": "",

"actual_ta": "",

"late_canc_reason": "108"

},

]

}
}

Where can i find a list of the possible values for late_canc_reason and their meanings?

Nigel Mundy

Nov 20, 2016, 5:31:43 PM11/20/16
to rob al, openraildata-talk

see the wiki for details:
http://nrodwiki.rockshore.net/index.php/Darwin:Cancellation_reason_codes_and_text

regards

Nigel.

Peter Hicks

Nov 20, 2016, 5:33:52 PM11/20/16
to Nigel Mundy, rob al, openraildata-talk
That Wiki page shouldn't really exist - the reference data on Darwin is liable to change and whatever the wording or numbers are one day *may* not be the same on a different day.

As we saw with the original 'Developer Pack', once published, data has a habit of sticking around even if it's changed...!

Peter

Nigel Mundy

Nov 20, 2016, 5:35:39 PM11/20/16
to Peter Hicks, openraildata-talk, rob al

the top of the page does state its an example from when the page was written, and what fule to download for the current version, so I believe the page's existance to be valid.... unless the reference file download doesnt exist any more too....

Nigel

rob al

Nov 20, 2016, 5:37:43 PM11/20/16
to Nigel Mundy, Peter Hicks, openraildata-talk
Thanks. If the status codes change in future, is existing data recoded? Or would I have to retrieve the relevant codes for the time the train ran?

Are the codes available via a web service? I'm only familiar with LDBWS and I don't recall this in there.

Rail Ale Fan

Nov 21, 2016, 3:40:33 AM11/21/16
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, nigel...@gmail.com, peter...@poggs.co.uk
LDBSVWS reference service has methods GetReasonCode and GetReasonCodeList

http://openldbsv.nationalrail.co.uk/

Peter Mount

Nov 21, 2016, 3:55:26 AM11/21/16
to rob al, Nigel Mundy, Peter Hicks, openraildata-talk
If you don't mind waiting until tomorrow I've got those tables exposed as a webservice.

I would have given out the url now but I'm rebuilding the API gateway today so they won't work all of the time.

Peter

petermount

Nov 22, 2016, 11:25:58 AM11/22/16
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, robert...@cynexia.com, nigel...@gmail.com, peter...@poggs.co.uk, pe...@retep.org.uk
I've just finished writing some documentation for them but http://area51.onl/api/rail/1/ref/darwin/ lists the reference rest services for late & cancel codes.

Peter

robert...@cynexia.com

Nov 27, 2016, 6:44:13 AM11/27/16
to petermount, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, nigel...@gmail.com, peter...@poggs.co.uk, pe...@retep.org.uk
thanks!

Dan Sinclair

May 29, 2018, 12:30:46 PM5/29/18
Hi Peter,

I appreciate this is an old thread but it appears your API for the late and cancelled reasons is no longer working.

I've tried playing with the OpenLDBSV links but I don't understand SOAP, nor the documentation that is provided with it (I have an account, I can get a token, but I don't know which header field to put it in).

Is there an alternative service I can use that anyone knows about?

Regards,

Dan

Peter Mount

May 29, 2018, 12:35:31 PM5/29/18
to Dan Sinclair, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
The URL's changed a while back after I rewrote them from scratch. I did post the new ones earlier in another thread.

Here's a short link to the available documentation, you an even try the api out from this link:

Dan Sinclair

May 31, 2018, 4:42:45 AM5/31/18
Brilliant, thanks Peter!

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any better documentation for working with the SOAP services?