How to easily obtain train data i.e. delays, cancelled etc

chil...@gmail.com

Oct 6, 2015, 1:44:26 PM10/6/15
Hi all,

Something I would like to do is be able to analyse the performance of the trains on my Thameslink commute over the last x months and see for example the following:

Most cancelled train by departure time or least cancelled
Day of the week with most cancelled trains (gotta be a Monday)

Lots of other 'fun' to be had I am sure with this big data, but how does a NOOB make this happen?

I've registered with Network rail data feeds, managed to FTP in last night and download a file of some sort (different story today as unable to log in now), but is there an easy way to be able to extract this data for a specific route in a CSV file and easily analyse in excel, or is that just showing what wishful thinking is?!

Thanks
Chris