Darwin Push Port Schedule RSID

Linus Norton

Jul 20, 2017, 6:34:16 AM7/20/17

I was just looking of the schema for Schedules in the Push Port (http://nrodwiki.rockshore.net/index.php/Darwin:Push_Port_XML_Schemas) and noticed that the RSID isn't listed on there.

I can extract the TUID from the RID but how can I get the RSID?

In theory I might be able to match the RSID from TUIDs in the DTD timetable data but not all Darwin Schedules are in the timetable data so what would I do for an RSID there?

Cheers,

Linus

Peter Hicks

Jul 20, 2017, 6:40:23 AM7/20/17
to Linus Norton, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi Linus

By TUID, do you mean the schedule UID as it appears on CIF?

Peter

Linus Norton

Jul 20, 2017, 6:41:51 AM7/20/17
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, linus...@gmail.com
Yes, it's in the DTD feeds a train_uid, for example P72073

NRE Online Services

Jul 20, 2017, 8:54:44 AM7/20/17
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, linus...@gmail.com
Hi Linus,

The ability to provide RSIDs via Darwin was added into version 14 of the push port interface. Unfortunately the open data channel can only support v12 at present; although it is on our long term roadmap to enable the NRDP to support additional versions in the future.

For the time being you would need to match the v12 Darwin schedule with an RSID enhanced CIF schedule (using the UID and SSD as you suggest) to derive this information.

Andrew T.

Linus Norton

Jul 20, 2017, 9:17:27 AM7/20/17
to NRE Online Services, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi Andrew,

I think I'm a bit ignorant here - what is the difference between the open channel and the channel with v14? Is v14 a paid for version?

Cheers,

Linus

NRE Online Services

Jul 21, 2017, 6:49:21 AM7/21/17
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, ato...@googlemail.com
Hi Linus,

A push port service from direct from Darwin has existed for many years, and is available to TOCs and suppliers providing services to TOCs. This service supports multiple versions of the push port XML as and when new data is available (for example v14 included RSIDs and the recent 3.12 release included Train Loading data (where supplied)  in v15).

The National Rail Data Portal is itself a client of this service. It currently subscribes to a v12 push port feed from Darwin and then makes it available via it's self service mechanism, essentially using AMQ to 'multiply' it's single feed to many users. Unfortunately, we can't just change the NRDP's subscription from v12 to v15 as this would affect all NRDP users and may break their code. It's therefore on our roadmap to make the NRDP capable of supporting multiple versions, which would allow us to expose new versions of the Darwin push port data through it and enable an upgrade path for NRDP users.

Andrew

Linus Norton

Jul 21, 2017, 7:55:25 AM7/21/17
to NRE Online Services, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Wow, I never knew NRE Push Port was different to Darwin (direct) Push Port. I guess I should have done some more things with Darwin.

Essentially I just need to contact someone at RDG about getting my hands on the direct Darwin Push Port (v15) to get that info?

Thanks

NRE Online Services

Jul 21, 2017, 9:02:47 AM7/21/17
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, ato...@googlemail.com
As mentioned above; direct access to Darwin is restricted to TOCs and suppliers providing services to TOCs. If you are providing a service under contract to a TOC I can put you in contact with the right people, otherwise the NRDP channel is the only available option at present.

Andrew