is there a ftp servre to download imetable and fares feed data?

jerry xu

Oct 12, 2017, 4:15:35 AM10/12/17
I registered a user on ATOC website and can download feeds from there.

I am reading this project dtd2mysql, (ttps://github.com/open-track/dtd2mysql), in the tutorial, it says that it is possible to download the feeds (fare, timetable and routeing) from sftp server.

Does anyone know the detail of ftp download (I assume it is something proveded by ATOC as well)?

Many Thanks

Linus Norton

Oct 12, 2017, 4:49:18 AM10/12/17
to jerry xu, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi Jerry,

The SFTP server for the DTD version of the feeds is dtd.atocrsp.org. Unfortunately I don't know how to access the feeds from data.atoc.org via SFTP so you have to download them manually and point dtd2mysql at the specific file you want to load.

Cheers,

Linus

jerry xu

Oct 12, 2017, 5:05:59 AM10/12/17
Hi Linus,

Do you know where to register a username for the ftp server dtd.atocrsp.org?

Also I raised a bug in your engine, will you have time to give a look?

Many Thanks

Linus Norton

Oct 12, 2017, 5:16:11 AM10/12/17
to jerry xu, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
I can't see your bug, can you send me a link?

The registration for DTD is - https://dtdportal.atocrsp.org/register.jsf

Cheers,

Linus

Peter Hicks

Oct 12, 2017, 5:42:12 AM10/12/17
to Linus Norton, jerry xu, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi Linus, Jerry,

CIF timetable data is available from Network Rail (see http://wiki.openraildata.com/index.php/SCHEDULE) - fares data is from data.atoc.org, but only updated periodically.

At the last developer day, it was announced the fares data was to be made open later this year - I don't know about timescales, but we are fairly close to the end of the year.  I don't think you can short-cut it by just registering on the DTD Portal - the principle behind making it open was so it's able to be distributed to many people without impacting an industry system which probably isn't sized for delivering the data to potentially hundreds of clients!

Peter

Linus Norton

Oct 12, 2017, 5:50:02 AM10/12/17
to Peter Hicks, jerry xu, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi Peter,

DTD contains the fares, timetable and routeing guide feeds but the timetable feed only has passenger services and does not contain the additional fixed links or TOC specific interchange.

data.atoc.org contains the TTIS version of the timteable that is passenger services only but does include additional fixed links and TOC specific interchange, however it's version of the fares feed is very old (I think the quarterly refresh).

The fares and timetable feeds have been publicly available from data.atoc.org for some time. DTD is planned to be opened but not officially open.

The NetworkRail timetable (http://wiki.openraildata.com/index.php/SCHEDULE) contains passenger and freight services but does not include z-trains (replacement buses), fixed links or interchange times (I think).

Cheers,

Linus

Rail Delivery Group

Oct 13, 2017, 5:55:54 AM10/13/17
Hi Linus,

Just to note that the discrepancy of RSPS0546 missing the additional fixed links and toc specific interchange files is something we were aware of and have kicked off work to resolve (involves a small DTD change and of course an update to RSPS5046). Can't quite give an eta yet but hopefully not in the all too distant future.

Andrew

Linus Norton

Oct 13, 2017, 9:11:18 AM10/13/17
to Rail Delivery Group, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Thanks Andrew,

Jerry - I've just uploaded a video explanation of querying fares: https://youtu.be/X0Bpja_IdlU

It's fairly high level but it might be a good starting point.