why there are journeys not listed in the atoc's FFL file?

jerry xu

Oct 4, 2017, 10:07:57 AM10/4/17
I am new to Rail Data and is learning.

For the FFL data, I think my understanding is bit wrong at the moment.

For example, say a journey from Winchester (NLC code 5924)  to Southampton (NLC code 5932).
What I expected was to see a line RF59245932XXXX in the FFL file. However, it is not there.

So this FFL file doesn't contain all the fares between all the points of the network? If that is the case, is there any other files I should use?

Many Thanks

Jerry

Rail Delivery Group

Oct 4, 2017, 10:56:49 AM10/4/17
That journey is priced via clusters (see attached). Have a look through the forum and you'll find posts from Linus which will point you towards a guide he's been compiling on how to query rail fare data...
Capture.PNG

jerry xu

Oct 4, 2017, 11:40:04 AM10/4/17

Many thanks for your reply. However, I am bit struggling in finding Linus's guide (I did find his open source code though).

Base on the image you uploaded, are you saying that  there should be a line like RFQ267Q264?

I wasn't able to find that either.

Can you help again?

Linus Norton

Oct 4, 2017, 2:46:44 PM10/4/17
to jerry xu, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi Jerry,

The basics of fare lookup are
and journey/fare validity:

They could both do with a slight update.

Cheers,

Linus

Rail Delivery Group

Oct 4, 2017, 3:22:58 PM10/4/17
That flow happens to be a reversible flow (meaning it's priced once but is applicable in both directions) so is in the data as follows:

RFQ264Q26700000000AR3112299902012017SWT00Y0474858

or at least it was in a relatively recent data set...

jerry xu

Oct 4, 2017, 3:36:00 PM10/4/17
Hi Linus,

I am reading your open source engines. from your code, I think I understand how it works now.

Many thanks