FYI - December 2016 timetable availability

Peter Hicks

Jul 20, 2016, 4:37:18 AM7/20/16
to openraildata-talk
All,

Network Rail will be publishing new schedule data for the December 2016 timetable between 18th and 22nd July.

As a result, the CIF and SCHEDULE feeds will be somewhat larger during this period.

Peter

Phil Wieland

Jul 20, 2016, 6:37:43 AM7/20/16
I notice that a number of the new schedules in my local area run for the whole year, until December 2017.  In previous timetables schedules have only run December to May or May to December.

Is this just a one-off glitch or does it indicate a change of policy?

Phil

Peter Hicks

Jul 20, 2016, 7:03:00 AM7/20/16
to Phil Wieland, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi Phil

> On 20 Jul 2016, at 11:37, Phil Wieland <goo...@philwieland.com> wrote:
>
> I notice that a number of the new schedules in my local area run for the whole year, until December 2017. In previous timetables schedules have only run December to May or May to December.
>
> Is this just a one-off glitch or does it indicate a change of policy?

I’m not sure - it could be either - but remember, the end date can and possibly will be revised later.

Peter

Phil Wieland

Jul 20, 2016, 7:11:22 AM7/20/16
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, goo...@philwieland.com
Oh yes, of course.  Anything more than 12 weeks in the future can only be considered a best guess.

But a check of my database says I've never seen year-long schedules before (Except for a handful in June this year) so it looks like something has changed.

djbur...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2016, 4:02:16 AM7/21/16
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, goo...@philwieland.com
In any case, with Brexit, will be be able to go back to the rather more sensible May/Sep timetable changes?:-)