TSR Feed

Margo Bowes

May 23, 2013, 5:03:59 AM5/23/13
to openrail...@googlegroups.com

HI

I’m just about to start work on TSR and VSTP feeds .... Is there a guide anywhere about how to interpret the information

Many thanks

Margo Bowes BSc, CEng, MIMechE, MCSD

Software Developer

Interfleet Technology Ltd

Bow...@interfleet.co.uk

tel:  +44 (0) 1332-223071

fax: +44 (0) 1332-223402

mobile:+44 (0)7969-583071

web: www.interfleet.co.uk

Member_of

Interfleet Technology Group

Registered Offices:
http://www.interfleet-technology.com/offices.asp

Interfleet Technology's email disclaimer:
http://www.interfleet-technology.com/disclaimer.asp

Interfleet Technology’s Notice:
http://www.interfleet-technology.com/notice.asp

Please consider the environment before printing e-mail

image003.png

Jonathon Hurley

May 23, 2013, 5:08:22 AM5/23/13
to openrail...@googlegroups.com
There's some info on the wiki at http://nrodwiki.rockshore.net/index.php/About_the_feeds. Also have a look at the SCHEDULE feed pages on there as the VSTP feed shares a lot of information types with them.

Cheers

Jonathon

Barry Carlyon

May 23, 2013, 5:23:50 AM5/23/13
to openrail...@googlegroups.com
Easiest thing to do is build a consumer for that feed and take a look
at what you get! Everything we know about those feeds is on the wiki.

Last time I ran a consumer on those feeds it got no/few messages. But
that was 6 months/year ago!

Sent from my iPhone

Peter Hicks

May 23, 2013, 6:35:17 AM5/23/13
to Barry Carlyon, openrail...@googlegroups.com

On 23 May 2013, at 10:23, Barry Carlyon <barryc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Last time I ran a consumer on those feeds it got no/few messages. But
> that was 6 months/year ago!

TSRs are published on Friday mornings around 6am from NR's Possession Planning System.

I asked if ESRs (emergency speed restrictions) are published as they're imposed, but these aren't put in to PPS and therefore not pushed out.

Peter

Peter Hicks

May 23, 2013, 10:31:28 AM5/23/13
to Margo Bowes, openrail...@googlegroups.com
Hi Margo

On 23 May 2013, at 11:42, Margo Bowes <Bow...@Interfleet.co.uk> wrote:

> I can currently capture the feed but was having trouble interpreting the data.

It'll be in JSON format - can you parse the JSON returned successfully?

> Also .. Is there a way of capturing ESRs ... from anywhere ?

Unfortunately not - they're not recorded in a structured way within NR. An ESR is imposed and notification is pushed out locally - so that'll probably be a signaller cautioning trains (if it's a 5mph slack on a 110mph line), or just a TSR board with a dalek for a 40mph slack on a 50mph line.

I'm out and about tomorrow, so I'll ask one of the signallers about it.

Peter

Ying Wang

May 19, 2017, 2:54:59 PM5/19/17
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, Bow...@interfleet.co.uk
Hi Peter,

For research purpose, I need some data about train emergency speed restriction (ESR) records to analyze the speed limitation patterns along railway line(s).

I know Network Rail data feeds have TSR, but it seems they don't publish the ESR which is caused by bad weather, etc..

I have found this post and was wondering do you know any update about the ESR data? If it is not published, is there any way to ask some local office for it?

Any information about it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ying

在 2013年5月23日星期四 UTC+1下午3:31:28,Peter Hicks写道:

Peter Hicks

May 20, 2017, 6:27:28 AM5/20/17
to Ying Wang, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, Bow...@interfleet.co.uk
Hi Ying

As far as I'm aware, ESRs still aren't sent out in a structured format such as the TSR messages.

You might have success in sending an FoI request to Network Rail through the WhatDoTheyKnow (https://www.whatdotheyknow.com) website to ask about the availability of ESR data in real-time.

Peter

Ying Wang

May 20, 2017, 10:35:50 AM5/20/17
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, hiwan...@gmail.com, Bow...@interfleet.co.uk
Thanks Peter, that is very helpful.

在 2017年5月20日星期六 UTC+1上午11:27:28,Peter Hicks写道:

Ying Wang

Jun 20, 2017, 5:50:04 PM6/20/17
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, hiwan...@gmail.com, Bow...@interfleet.co.uk
Hi Peter,

I was told ''ESR should not remain an ESR for very long, once ESR is advertised (in the WON) it is no longer an emergency speed restriction and the first magnet and the dalek will be removed turning it into a TSR''. I guess this is also a reason that the data feeds won't include the ESR.

Ying