Reference data in both Network Rail and Network Rail Enquiry Feeds?

已查看 92 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

katharin...@googlemail.com

未读,
2015年11月4日 16:52:462015/11/4
收件人 A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hello,

I'm just starting to use the data feeds and try to get an overview about what data is available.

I am a bit confused about "Reference Data" being available both within the Network Rail Data feed:
http://nrodwiki.rockshore.net/index.php/Reference_Data

But also in the Network Rail Enquiry feed:
http://nrodwiki.rockshore.net/index.php/Darwin:Push_Port#Reference_Data

Could someone please confirm that these are two different things or do I get this wrong and it's actually the same?

Many thanks!

Peter Hicks

未读,
2015年11月9日 08:06:222015/11/9
收件人 katharin...@googlemail.com、A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi Katharina

The two feeds are:
There are different sets of reference data for each - the Network Rail data is more raw than the National Rail Enquiries data, so needs a different set of data to make it usable.  However, the National Rail Enquiries data has concepts - such as 'via' locations and delay reasons - that aren't in the Network Rail data as they're added downstream - which probably don't match up with concepts in Network Rail.

I realise the structure and naming of NR and NRE causes confusion - does this make things clearer?

Kind regards,

Peter

回复全部
回复作者