TOC Codes CS and XR

Hayden Dunnicliffe

Feb 6, 2015, 7:49:00 AM2/6/15
to openrail...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I used to codes found at http://nrodwiki.rockshore.net/index.php/TOC_Codes to seed my operator table.
But while processing the schedule data I've come across the following TOC Codes CS & XR which are not in that table.
Does anyone known what operator these codes are for. Or if I should be using a different source for the codes?

All the schedules linked to these two operators appear to not be starting until April 2015 at the earliest, so I'm in no rush to fix this ... just curious.

thanks,
Hayden

petermount

Feb 6, 2015, 8:19:04 AM2/6/15
to openrail...@googlegroups.com
Good spot as I've not got any reference to them either so right now on my system they'll be going into a fail-safe UNKNOWN toc.

I've just checked the docs I have (i.e. I use the CIF version) & it doesn't list CS or XR either.

Peter

Paul Kelly

Feb 6, 2015, 8:52:41 AM2/6/15
On 06/02/15 12:49, Hayden Dunnicliffe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I used to codes found at
> http://nrodwiki.rockshore.net/index.php/TOC_Codes to seed my operator table.
> But while processing the schedule data I've come across the following
> TOC Codes CS & XR which are not in that table.
> Does anyone known what operator these codes are for. Or if I should be
> using a different source for the codes?

CS = Caledonian Sleeper
XR = Crossrail

Paul

Hayden Dunnicliffe

Feb 6, 2015, 9:08:53 AM2/6/15
to openrail...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Paul,

By any chance do you know the Numeric/Sector Code & Business codes linked to these. Or where to find them?

Hayden

Nigel Mundy

Feb 6, 2015, 9:13:02 AM2/6/15
to Hayden Dunnicliffe, openrail...@googlegroups.com

Is there a maintained definitive list of these codes publically available for all TOC/FOCs?

i have some lists, but by saying EWS figures in them, theyre obviously not maintained.

/\/igel.

Ben Woodward

Feb 6, 2015, 9:18:11 AM2/6/15
to petermount, openraildata-talk
Can you post an example schedule from them both, that might help in identifying!

Paul Kelly

Feb 6, 2015, 9:19:08 AM2/6/15
On 06/02/15 14:13, Nigel Mundy wrote:
> Is there a maintained definitive list of these codes publically
> available for all TOC/FOCs?

If you download the ATOC fares data from <http://data.atoc.org/>, the
.TOC file has a list of all TOC codes. But the data is only updated
three times a year, so it doesn't include the new CS and XR codes yet -
I just guessed them from looking at the schedules; it was quite obvious.
I have no idea about sector codes and business codes!

Paul

Ben Woodward

Feb 6, 2015, 9:20:07 AM2/6/15
to petermount, openraildata-talk
Scratch that, Caledonian Sleeper, CrossRail (CR is Chiltern)

Mike Flynn

Feb 6, 2015, 9:20:30 AM2/6/15
to openrail...@googlegroups.com
National Rail Enquiries provide a TOC XML feed.  You need to apply for access:  http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/46391.aspx

Nigel Mundy

Feb 6, 2015, 9:46:28 AM2/6/15
to Paul Kelly, openrail...@googlegroups.com

Does the fares data include FOCs too though ? There must be a definitive combined list somewhere, and i would not think that an index is commercially sensitive.

Peter Hicks

Feb 6, 2015, 12:51:02 PM2/6/15
to Nigel Mundy, Hayden Dunnicliffe, openrail...@googlegroups.com
On 6 Feb 2015, at 16:13, Nigel Mundy <nigel...@gmail.com> wrote:

Is there a maintained definitive list of these codes publically available for all TOC/FOCs?

The only one I know of is on the Wiki - really, the codes don’t change very often and we’re supposed to be notified if/when it does.

I’ll get the latest list from TRUST when I’ve got decent Internet access.

Peter

signature.asc

Peter Hicks

Feb 9, 2015, 2:51:39 PM2/9/15
to openrail...@googlegroups.com, Nigel Mundy, Hayden Dunnicliffe
All,

Confirmation:

CS is Caledonian Sleeper
XR is Crossrail

I've updated http://nrodwiki.rockshore.net/index.php/TOC_Codes with the
numeric (sector) codes, but I don't know what the business codes are as yet.

Peter

Nigel Mundy

Feb 9, 2015, 2:57:47 PM2/9/15
to Peter Hicks, Hayden Dunnicliffe, openrail...@googlegroups.com

Hi Peter,

If you have access to the codes, is it possible to add the FOCs ans their sector numbers to it please so we have a definitive list?

Im aware that currently they are obscured to ZZ, bit if we do get agreement on a per-FOC level to release them as normal data then at least we can have the lookup table data ready.

Thanks

/\/igel.

Peter Hicks

Feb 9, 2015, 3:21:38 PM2/9/15
to Nigel Mundy, Hayden Dunnicliffe, openrail...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nigel

On 09/02/15 19:57, Nigel Mundy wrote:
> If you have access to the codes, is it possible to add the FOCs ans
> their sector numbers to it please so we have a definitive list?
>
> Im aware that currently they are obscured to ZZ, bit if we do get
> agreement on a per-FOC level to release them as normal data then at
> least we can have the lookup table data ready.

I only have the passenger operators, I'm afraid - but entries for each
FOC who is OK with having their data going through in the clear will be
added to the wiki as and when they become known, and prior to go-live of
any Open Data release anyway.

Peter

Scott Spencer

Feb 17, 2015, 3:21:59 PM2/17/15