Temporary Speed Restrictions

Rob Commons

Dec 7, 2016, 8:04:01 AM12/7/16
Hi All,

Is anyone here successfully receiving the weekly Temporary Speed Restrictions message?

We have successfully received Train Movement messages but the Temporary Speed Restriction feed does not seem to work, I was wondering if it was active?

Many Thanks,

Rob

Peter Hicks (Poggs)

Dec 7, 2016, 8:05:29 AM12/7/16
to Rob Commons, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi Rob

On 7 Dec 2016, at 13:04, Rob Commons <robert....@cogitare.biz> wrote:

Is anyone here successfully receiving the weekly Temporary Speed Restrictions message?

We have successfully received Train Movement messages but the Temporary Speed Restriction feed does not seem to work, I was wondering if it was active?

According to the wiki at http://nrodwiki.rockshore.net/index.php/TSR, the TSR data is published once a week on a Friday morning - so you’ll need to be connected when it’s published.

Are you expecting data at other times of the day/week?

Peter

Rob Commons

Dec 7, 2016, 8:19:46 AM12/7/16
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, robert....@cogitare.biz
Hi Peter,

No we have had our code (based on this sample code: http://nrodwiki.rockshore.net/index.php/Java_Examples) listening for the message at 0600 on a Friday a number of times, nothing has come through however.

So we thought perhaps the feed was down? Or are we using incorrect code?

I have also checked that our NR data feeds account is active and we are subscribed to 'All Routes' under the TSR feed.

Thanks,

Rob

Juhani Pirttilahti

Dec 7, 2016, 10:46:10 AM12/7/16
Hi Rob,

I received TSR messages on Friday 2nd dec around 06:49 UTC time.

As it does not necessarily happen exactly at 06:00, I recommend the feed is connected to at all times.

Rob Commons

Dec 8, 2016, 9:43:48 AM12/8/16
Hi Juhani,

Thanks for your response.

On several different weeks we have left it running from when we left the office on Thursday evening until when we arrived the following morning, but have still had no luck. We didn't try on the 2nd however. I'll try again tonight and let you know how I get on.

Thanks,

Rob

Rob Commons

Dec 12, 2016, 5:42:41 AM12/12/16
Hi Juhani,

We tried again last week but still received no data. Did you have any luck?

Many Thanks,

Rob

Juhani Pirttilahti

Dec 12, 2016, 8:20:44 PM12/12/16
Hi Rob,

I've received TSR data normally. Therefore, I would suggest that you take another look at your code.