Source for TOC logos

Linus Norton

Aug 7, 2017, 9:53:11 AM8/7/17

Is there an official or quasi-official location for TOC logos?

Cheers,

Linus

Mike Flynn

Aug 7, 2017, 10:24:33 AM8/7/17
Good question to which I would be interested in an answer too.  I have been using (without asking anyone's permission) the small website icons. If there were something official it would benefit all, I'm sure, though I also guess that some might be a bit tetchy about letting anyone use their branding.  Probably with some good reason too.  For example, I know TfL allow theirs to be used but also have all sorts of disclaimers and restrictions about their use. An official response to this would be useful.

Mike

NRE Online Services

Aug 14, 2017, 9:00:25 AM8/14/17
This has been discussed internally within RDG and I can confirm that there isn't an 'official' RDG source for TOC logos, mainly for the reasons already suggested. The individual TOCs own their own branding and is up to them how/when/with whom they share it (much like TfL). As they ultimately fund NRE they allow RDG to reproduce their branding on NRE sites but confer no other rights to RDG to consolidate and distribute.

Linus Norton

Aug 14, 2017, 9:02:39 AM8/14/17
Given a new version of the IDMS data was just released with TOC information maybe it could be added to that?

Jasper

Aug 17, 2017, 3:06:57 AM8/17/17

Hello, I maintain the database for Wikipedia ensuring every article has a nice SVG logo. I've linked them all below, and you can also export as a PNG in various sizes (512px default).

There certainly doesn't seem to be an official database, I can tell from the filenames on this page that NRE are using many of the logos I uploaded.

Linus Norton

Aug 17, 2017, 3:10:36 AM8/17/17
to Jasper, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Thanks, that's very useful!

Jasper

Aug 18, 2017, 1:59:49 PM8/18/17

And two new SVGs for Sunday: