Is STA/ETA available for non staff versions?

Matthew Wright

Dec 4, 2016, 5:45:57 AM12/4/16
Hello,

I'm connecting to the non-staff version of the API and sta/eta information is missing. Is it only there for the staff version ?

Thanks

A typical response I'm getting is ...

   <soap:Body>
      <GetDepartureBoardResponse xmlns="http://thalesgroup.com/RTTI/2016-02-16/ldb/">
            <lt4:generatedAt>2016-12-04T10:45:41.9998861+00:00</lt4:generatedAt>
            <lt4:locationName>Horsforth</lt4:locationName>
            <lt4:crs>HRS</lt4:crs>
            <lt4:filterLocationName>Leeds</lt4:filterLocationName>
            <lt4:filtercrs>LDS</lt4:filtercrs>
            <lt4:platformAvailable>true</lt4:platformAvailable>
            <lt5:trainServices>
               <lt5:service>
                  <lt4:std>10:44</lt4:std>
                  <lt4:etd>On time</lt4:etd>
                  <lt4:platform>1</lt4:platform>
                  <lt4:operator>Northern</lt4:operator>
                  <lt4:operatorCode>NT</lt4:operatorCode>
                  <lt4:serviceType>train</lt4:serviceType>
                  <lt4:serviceID>YcxzfvazuMmq4gyYM2cWIw==</lt4:serviceID>
                  <lt5:origin>
                     <lt4:location>
                        <lt4:locationName>Horsforth</lt4:locationName>
                        <lt4:crs>HRS</lt4:crs>
                     </lt4:location>
                  </lt5:origin>
                  <lt5:destination>
                     <lt4:location>
                        <lt4:locationName>Leeds</lt4:locationName>
                        <lt4:crs>LDS</lt4:crs>
                     </lt4:location>
                  </lt5:destination>
               </lt5:service>
            </lt5:trainServices>
         </GetStationBoardResult>
      </GetDepartureBoardResponse>
   </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

Rail Ale Fan

Dec 4, 2016, 6:52:13 AM12/4/16
Hi Matthew,

GetArrivalBoard has sta/eta, and GetArrivalDepartureBoard has all 4 (where applicable)

Cheers,

Matthew Wright

Dec 4, 2016, 7:50:19 AM12/4/16
to Rail Ale Fan, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi,

And can see they are in the response definition but no matter what query I use they are never filled in?

Does anyone have the current method url. Please so I can check?

Thanks
Matthew

Rail Ale Fan

Dec 4, 2016, 9:55:41 AM12/4/16
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, raila...@gmail.com
Hi Matthew,

Using PHP/SoapClient ( http://php.net/manual/en/class.soapclient.php ) i've put up a live example for GetArrivalDepartureBoard for Horsforth filtered by Leeds (as in your original post)  so that you can compare your own request / response to what I'm seeing, with results where applicable showing sta/eta;

https://live-departures.info/rail/phpOpenLDBWS/example_arrdep_hrs_lds.php

Hope this helps!

Matthew Wright

Dec 4, 2016, 10:54:01 AM12/4/16
to Rail Ale Fan, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi,

Many thanks for that, it's much appreciated.  I'm using soapui at the moment to try and test the service outside of my android client. The response I get seems to be missing a fair bit of detail. I'm curious if the URL I'm using is correct as it's a 2012 one that was reverse engineered by soapui.

The method urls seem to be inconsistently generated by soapui. But replacing them with the 2015 or 2016 results in an error about a missing method.

Thanks for your help though

Matthew Wright

Dec 4, 2016, 11:03:01 AM12/4/16
to Rail Ale Fan, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi again,

Just looking at your example I see sta eta don't appear for all services. I'm new to this, and also looking on my phone so may have missed something, but it the return data normally so patchy in detail even in same request?

Mike Playle

Dec 6, 2016, 9:08:38 AM12/6/16
On Sunday, December 4, 2016 at 4:03:01 PM UTC, Matthew Wright wrote:
Hi again,

Just looking at your example I see sta eta don't appear for all services. I'm new to this, and also looking on my phone so may have missed something, but it the return data normally so patchy in detail even in same request?

I'm not entirely sure about the SOAP services because I don't use them, but I wouldn't necessarily expect sta and eta to be set for every train - only for trains which arrive at that location (from a passenger's point of view).

The example from your original post looks like this one:

   http://www.opentraintimes.com/schedule/Y14651/2016-12-04

Since it started from Horsforth I'd expect it to have only a departure time, which is what your XML reply shows.

Mike

Peter Hicks (Poggs)

Dec 6, 2016, 9:10:11 AM12/6/16
to Mike Playle, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, raila...@gmail.com

OpenTrainTimes Ltd. registered in England and Wales, company no. 09504022.  Registered office: 13a Davenant Road, Upper Holloway, London N19 3NW
Also (this is for Matthew), I don’t think it’s fair to call the data ‘patchy’ - it implies it’s somehow substandard, rather than ‘not what you were expecting’.

Peter

Matthew Wright

Dec 10, 2016, 4:05:08 AM12/10/16
to Peter Hicks (Poggs), Mike Playle, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, raila...@gmail.com

Thanks for the info again, I'll look into this in more detail.

"Patchy", I mentioned refers to the return types that define a number of entries, many of which don't ever seem to be filled in.

Thanks again,

Matthew