Schedule info for NI Railways

Gerard Martin

May 16, 2016, 11:06:44 AM5/16/16
Hello,

First off, the archive of this group has helped immensely with my experiments in National Rail Open Data, so thanks for that.

I'm building Yet Another National Rail app right now, and I'm interested in schedule information for NI Railways.

I'm well aware they're not part of National Rail, but tickets are available to NI stations, and I note that NIR schedule information is available when using the Journey Planner to stations in N. Ireland. Given that the schedule information is available in the Journey Planner, is it available in a machine-readable format from National or Network Rail?

I've had a look in the Train Planning Data, and the All TOCs files from Network Rail, and while *some* of the locations are present there, none of the schedules are.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Gerard

Peter Hicks

May 16, 2016, 11:10:30 AM5/16/16
to Gerard Martin, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi Gerard

On 16 May 2016, at 16:02, Gerard Martin <gerjo...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm building Yet Another National Rail app right now, and I'm interested in schedule information for NI Railways.

I'm well aware they're not part of National Rail, but tickets are available to NI stations, and I note that NIR schedule information is available when using the Journey Planner to stations in N. Ireland. Given that the schedule information is available in the Journey Planner, is it available in a machine-readable format from National or Network Rail?

I've had a look in the Train Planning Data, and the All TOCs files from Network Rail, and while *some* of the locations are present there, none of the schedules are.

The Network Rail and National Rail Enquiries feeds only contain data for Great Britain, not Northern Ireland.

However, check out http://www.translink.co.uk/Corporate/About-Us/translink-corporate-governance/Opendata/ - it hints they already have an Open Data strategy, so that might be a good place to look.

Kind regards,

Peter

signature.asc

gerjo...@gmail.com

May 16, 2016, 11:33:20 AM5/16/16
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, gerjo...@gmail.com
Hi Peter,

Thanks for response, I thought as much, but just wanted to make sure.

I didn't know about Translink's Open Data policy, and thanks to your link I found this on data.gov.uk - https://data.gov.uk/dataset/real-time-rail-stations-arrivals-and-departures - an API for real-time data from Translink. A great start.

Thanks,
Gerard