Problems with stomp(.py) (newbie)

Peter Telford

Feb 28, 2015, 3:00:45 PM2/28/15
to openrail...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I've had my account registered, and I've subscribed to a couple of feeds:

But when using stomp (I'm on Ubuntu with the stomp.py module) I get told I'm not authorised:

stomp -H datafeeds.networkrail.co.uk -P 61618 -U foo -W bar -L "/topic/SCHEDULE/CIF_HY_TOC_FULL_DAILY"

I'm really not sure about this -L option, unfortunately this is my first time with stomp and with the rail data.

Any pointers? Thanks.
Peter.

Peter Hicks

Feb 28, 2015, 3:05:57 PM2/28/15
to openrail...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter

On 28/02/15 20:00, Peter Telford wrote:
> But when using stomp (I'm on Ubuntu with the stomp.py module) I get
> told I'm not authorised:
>
> stomp -H datafeeds.networkrail.co.uk -P 61618 -U foo -W bar -L
> "/topic/SCHEDULE/CIF_HY_TOC_FULL_DAILY"
>
> I'm really not sure about this -L option, unfortunately this is my
> first time with stomp and with the rail data.
There are two types of data available:

* Real-time data feeds
* Semi-static data

You need a Stomp client to be able to pull in the real-time data,
however the schedule data is semi-static.

There's a page on the Wiki -
http://nrodwiki.rockshore.net/index.php/SCHEDULE - which tells you what
you need to do in order to download the data. Have a look, and feel
free to come back if it doesn't answer all your questions.

Cheers,

Peter

George Goldberg

Feb 28, 2015, 3:06:24 PM2/28/15
to Peter Telford, openrail...@googlegroups.com
On 28 February 2015 at 20:00, Peter Telford <pt3l...@gmail.com> wrote:
But when using stomp (I'm on Ubuntu with the stomp.py module) I get told I'm not authorised:

stomp -H datafeeds.networkrail.co.uk -P 61618 -U foo -W bar -L "/topic/SCHEDULE/CIF_HY_TOC_FULL_DAILY"

The SCHEDULE feed is a flat file updated daily, rather than a feed provided through STOMP messages.

You can download it using the example curl command line here:

http://nrodwiki.rockshore.net/index.php/SCHEDULE#Downloading_via_curl

Hope this helps.

--
George

Peter Telford

Feb 28, 2015, 3:31:48 PM2/28/15
to openrail...@googlegroups.com, pt3l...@gmail.com

Hi,

Thanks for the help so far, but still having issues even with (c)url (after logging in successfully):

Is there any way I can confirm my subscriptions (the portal resolutely shows me the two I posted earlier).

Thanks,

Peter.

Phil Wieland

Feb 28, 2015, 3:38:57 PM2/28/15
to openrail...@googlegroups.com, pt3l...@gmail.com
Firstly, it should be &day=toc-update-sat not &sat=

Also, although it wont prevent a download, the latest update is labelled the day before, so today, Saturday, one would normally be fetching toc-update-fri

Phil

Phil Wieland

Feb 28, 2015, 3:43:50 PM2/28/15
to openrail...@googlegroups.com, pt3l...@gmail.com
Also, according to the Wiki (I use the ALL file so I don't know for sure) it should be CIF_HY_TOC_UPDATE_DAILY

Peter Telford

Feb 28, 2015, 3:52:40 PM2/28/15
to openrail...@googlegroups.com, pt3l...@gmail.com
Hi,

Thanks for all the help, I finally cracked it with the help here - I was seeing double and getting the URL wrong, correct format was:-

Thanks all for the very valuable help!
Peter.