Shortest and longest journeys

Guido Eco

Mar 16, 2018, 7:03:06 PM3/16/18
Hi all,

Prompted by the recent discussions about timing between points I thought I would have a look to see what the shortest and longest timetabled journeys are and, excluding bus services, I have:

The Arriva Trains Wales 21:55 Wrexham Central to 21:57 Wrexham General running between 26 and 29 March 2018 at 02:00 minutes. Which is good going given a system that is only accurate to 30s and all yours for £1.40.

And the CrossCountry at 08:20 from Aberdeen arriving 22:54 Penzance on Saturday 12 May 2018 at 14h34:00. It's about an hour and 11 minutes slower than the regular run so I would guess there is a TSR or diversion.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Thomas Wood

Mar 17, 2018, 10:14:09 AM3/17/18
to Guido Eco, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
CityMetric published some other interesting timetable stats along these lines last month:

They found the same shortest route, but the sleeper was the longest in their analysis at 13h58m.

Michael Flynn

Mar 17, 2018, 10:57:51 AM3/17/18
-> Barry, Barry Docks, Cadoxton, Cardiff Central, Cardiff Queen Street, Cathays, Llandaf, Radyr, Taffs Well, Trefforest

A world record surely!
Message has been deleted