Paddington to heathrow trains

Kevin O'Dwyer

Nov 16, 2015, 4:27:52 AM11/16/15
I am tracking down an issue in my handling of darwin messages.  Sometimes i report the destination of heathrow trains from paddington station incorrectly.
Occasionally I have noticed that national rail will list the destination of some trains as Heathrow Airpot T5 whereas i have Heathrow terminals 1,2 and 3. I can't seem to find anything in the messages to suggest a different destination (no false stops either).  Are there special rules?  And perhaps a stupid question: Does Darwin messages incorporate VSTP messages? I was assumming it did.

Thanks,
Kevin

Peter Hicks

Nov 16, 2015, 4:31:12 AM11/16/15
to Kevin O'Dwyer, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi Kevin

Can you email over an example Heathrow T5 train which Live Departure Boards shows as a T123 train?

My understanding is that Darwin doesn't include VSTP messages, because they're essentially unvalidated paths and not accurate enough for Darwin to use.  However, it will take schedules from Tyrell and/or Darwin Workstation and put them in to Darwin's view of the world, which from a customer information perspective, is all you need.

Peter