Reference Data TOC codes

Ben Woodward

Apr 20, 2017, 9:35:44 AM4/20/17
to openraildata-talk
Has anyone else noticed that the TOC codes are wrong in the reference data, I've looked at the 2014/2015/2016/2017 data and none are right.

Is this something that can be fixed?

Peter Hicks (Poggs)

Apr 20, 2017, 9:36:33 AM4/20/17
to Ben Woodward, openraildata-talk
Hi Ben

> On 20 Apr 2017, at 14:35, Ben Woodward <bwood...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Has anyone else noticed that the TOC codes are wrong in the reference data, I've looked at the 2014/2015/2016/2017 data and none are right.
>
> Is this something that can be fixed?

Which reference data is it you’re referring to?

Peter

Ben Woodward

Apr 20, 2017, 9:39:36 AM4/20/17
to Peter Hicks (Poggs), openraildata-talk
Ah, a link would be helped.

The Reference codes - Train Operator codes aren't right.

Peter Hicks (Poggs)

Apr 20, 2017, 9:43:22 AM4/20/17

On 20 Apr 2017, at 14:38, Ben Woodward <bwood...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ah, a link would be helped.

The Reference codes - Train Operator codes aren't right.

They are correct - they’re the business codes used on the rail mainframe to identify user access rights (e.g. #HFA631” might be a Virgin Trains user), and not the ATOC code as used in CIF.

There’s a list of business codes, sector codes and ATOC codes at http://wiki.openraildata.com/index.php/TOC_Codes.

Peter

Ben Woodward

Apr 20, 2017, 9:46:08 AM4/20/17
to Peter Hicks (Poggs), openraildata-talk
Ah, Today I Learned!

Maybe the Wiki should say "Business Codes" rather than "TOC Codes".

Thanks Peter

Rail Ale Fan

Apr 20, 2017, 10:08:57 AM4/20/17
Current output from the OpenLDBSVWS reference service GetTOCList() method can be viewed here;

https://live-departures.info/rail/reference/TOCList

petermount

Apr 20, 2017, 10:12:01 AM4/20/17
Yes that's also identical to the Darwin reference feeds, from this mornings import: http://d2nq1yvr7y8rxf.cloudfront.net/toc/

Ben Woodward

Apr 20, 2017, 11:06:40 AM4/20/17
to petermount, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Thanks guys, both those are what I'm after!