Simple RTPPM JSON

gary....@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2015, 1:12:50 PM3/18/15
to openrail...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I've just come across the datafeeds from Network Rail and have registered.

I'd like to have a JSON file for the RTPPM data. But don't have a clue how to obtain it. The support isn't really offering much assistance other than "look on the wiki".

The output I desire is for either all, or individual or a select few train operators in a format that will load correctly in the graph widget of the Panic Status Board app. http://panic.com/statusboard/

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Peter Hicks

Mar 18, 2015, 1:54:05 PM3/18/15
to gary....@gmail.com, openraildata-talk

Hi Gary

To receive the RTPPM feed, you'll need a STOMP client and connect to the datafeeds service.  There's some detail on the wiki about connecting.

The PPM feed is on the "RTPPM_ALL" topic, and you'll get one message per minute.

Peter

gary....@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2015, 3:30:31 AM3/19/15
to openrail...@googlegroups.com, gary....@gmail.com
Thanks Peter,

I'll spend the day seeing where I get with it. I didn't find the wiki detailed enough for my limited knowledge.

On the examples I couldn't see where the Security Token should go.

gary....@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2015, 4:03:59 AM3/19/15
to openrail...@googlegroups.com, gary....@gmail.com
I'm unable to get STOMP installed by the host on my server as it is a shared solution.

Peter Hicks

Mar 19, 2015, 4:21:19 AM3/19/15
to Gary Rowe, openraildata-talk

The security token isn't actually required at all - I'll get that taken off the site at the next maintenance release as its confusing.

Peter

gary....@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2015, 4:31:50 AM3/19/15
to openrail...@googlegroups.com, gary....@gmail.com
Ah ok.
Peter I'm actually sat in Anglia Route Control at the moment.

Is there anyway you can provide a JSON link for RTPPM data. I can't get STOMP on my server as it's a shared system.

Ideally I only need three TOCs data too if there is a way of filtering the output.