Darwin giving me 401 Unauthorized

alej...@hackpartners.com

Aug 15, 2015, 10:18:19 AM8/15/15
Good afternoon,

I've just registered for the LDBWS Darwin API, for which I received a token through email, which I am trying to use to query the API.

I am using a python interface to query the server, but I am getting a 401 unauthorized error, is it because I have to wait for a certain period of time before my token is valid?

I was getting an unexpected error before, but after following the solution in the other thread (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/openraildata-talk/qDZAhk648nA) I have seen that the solution is to change the wsdl to the older version - after changing this I stopped receiving the unexpected error, but I keep receiving a 401 unauthorized error.

Thank you,

George Goldberg

Aug 15, 2015, 10:23:45 AM8/15/15
to alej...@hackpartners.com, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi Alejandro,

The URL in that other thread is a legacy service which uses different, manually issued, tokens. Unfortunately, I think you will need to wait until Monday for the issue with the LDBWS to be resolved.

George

Alejandro Saucedo

Aug 15, 2015, 10:54:46 AM8/15/15
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, alej...@hackpartners.com
Good afternoon George,

Ah, that sucks - so I would have to wait until Monday to send NRE an email to request a new token for that legacy service? Is there any way I could get access to one token for this legacy API for the meantime?

In an unrelated note - I have been trying to use your python wrapper for the Darwin Push API, but I keep getting an error, where it fails with a key error for 'STOMP_USER' - what would this be, does this refer to my NRE Darwin Push credentials?

Thank you for your reply,

George Goldberg

Aug 15, 2015, 11:00:36 AM8/15/15
to Alejandro Saucedo, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
On 15 August 2015 at 15:54, Alejandro Saucedo <alej...@hackpartners.com> wrote:
Ah, that sucks - so I would have to wait until Monday to send NRE an email to request a new token for that legacy service? Is there any way I could get access to one token for this legacy API for the meantime?

No, what I meant is that the Darwin LDBWS server is currently down, and NRE do not generally fix this kind of thing outside of Monday-Friday business hours, so I am assuming it will continue to be down until Monday.

In an unrelated note - I have been trying to use your python wrapper for the Darwin Push API, but I keep getting an error, where it fails with a key error for 'STOMP_USER' - what would this be, does this refer to my NRE Darwin Push credentials?

You need to set 3 environment variables - STOMP_USER, STOMP_PASS and STOMP_QUEUE, all of which can be taken from your push port credentials page in the NRE developer portal. Then the example script will work.

Please be aware that that python library is currently very much a work in progress. I have actually run into some quite fundamental problems with the way it is currently designed, so expect some major breaking changes in the coming days/weeks.

--
George

Alejandro Saucedo

Aug 15, 2015, 11:10:21 AM8/15/15
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, alej...@hackpartners.com
Good afternoon,

I understood - not the best news to hear. I guess we'll have to wait until Monday then.

In regards to the interface you're building, what would the STOMP_QUEUE store? Should I be running a STOMP_QUEUE client in my machine, or what would this consist of?

I completely understand, as I read your README - I think it would still be interesting to give it a try.

Best wishes,

George Goldberg

Aug 15, 2015, 11:13:05 AM8/15/15
to Alejandro Saucedo, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi Alejandro,

The STOMP_QUEUE environment variable should be set to whatever it says in the "Your queue name is:" box on the "My Feeds" page of the portal at datafeeds.nationalrail.co.uk

George

Peter Hicks

Aug 15, 2015, 11:19:27 AM8/15/15

On 15 Aug 2015, at 15:54, Alejandro Saucedo <alej...@hackpartners.com> wrote:

> Ah, that sucks - so I would have to wait until Monday to send NRE an email to request a new token for that legacy service? Is there any way I could get access to one token for this legacy API for the meantime?

The only way you could get access to the legacy API now is for somebody to break the terms of their licence agreement and share their API key with you.

I doubt NRE would issue a token for the legacy service now, anyway.

Peter

signature.asc

Alejandro Saucedo

Aug 15, 2015, 11:36:48 AM8/15/15
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, alej...@hackpartners.com
Good afternoon Peter,

That's sensible. I guess I will have to wait until Monday to be able to continue development.

@George, thank you, that worked - now I'm getting an error saying "super() takes at least 1 argument (0 given)", do you know what this might be related to?

Best wishes,

Alejandro Saucedo

Aug 16, 2015, 12:05:15 PM8/16/15
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, peter...@poggs.co.uk, George Goldberg
Following up this thread, it seems that the OpenLDBWS service is back up today from the status on the website. I am unfortunately still getting 401 unauthorized when I try to connect to the server using the lite WSDL - do you know what the problem for this might be?

Thank you,

Alejandro Saucedo

Aug 17, 2015, 3:06:39 AM8/17/15
This has been resolved. Thank you very much.

Peter Farrer

Sep 22, 2017, 3:08:03 AM9/22/17
Alejandro,

What was the fix please, I have the same problem.