Darwin Push Port - Now Live

nre...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2015, 2:30:44 PM3/26/15
to openrail...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

I'm delighted to announce that the Darwin Push Port is now live. You can register for immediate access at the following URL: https://datafeeds.nationalrail.co.uk/

Guidance on using the feed can be found at this wiki page. http://nrodwiki.rockshore.net/index.php/Darwin:Push_Port

Please Note: This is a free service and no support is provided.

Many Thanks

Tom Cairns

Mar 26, 2015, 2:39:32 PM3/26/15
to nre...@gmail.com, openrail...@googlegroups.com
I am genuinely pleased to see that use of the push port incurs no high
volume usage charges. That is excellent progress.

Tom

--
Tom Cairns

Ben Woodward

Mar 26, 2015, 3:48:13 PM3/26/15
to Tom Cairns, nre...@gmail.com, openrail...@googlegroups.com
Just a quick one (hopefully) the page is HTTPS but you're trying to
load a font over HTTP which is failing and throwing a warning.

Ben Woodward

Mar 26, 2015, 6:16:17 PM3/26/15
to Tom Cairns, nre...@gmail.com, openrail...@googlegroups.com
Quick question, anyone able to connect yet? Getting unknown username
or password invalid.

Tom Cairns

Mar 26, 2015, 6:27:36 PM3/26/15
to b...@benwoodward.me.uk, nre...@gmail.com, openrail...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I’ve had a go and connected successfully.

The details I’ve used are tcp://datafeeds.nationalrail.co.uk:61613, the
username and password on the administration panel. Subscribed to
/queue/<queue topic>.

Tom

--
Tom Cairns

nre...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2015, 5:26:24 AM3/27/15
to openrail...@googlegroups.com, nre...@gmail.com
A bit of a good news day all round yesterday Tom.

Thank you for taking the time out to meet with me last month

Best Regards
Lindsay

Chris Bailiss

Mar 28, 2015, 4:20:44 AM3/28/15
to openrail...@googlegroups.com, nre...@gmail.com
Hello

I completely agree.  The high volume usage charge on the push port always seemed counter to the aim of opening up access to information.

Excellent progress indeed and you should rightly be commended for doing so.

Chris

cai...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2015, 2:41:50 PM3/28/15
to openrail...@googlegroups.com, b...@benwoodward.me.uk, nre...@gmail.com
Hey Tom, how did you connect username = "d3user" ? i got java error d3user or password is invalid. Please advise.

received an error java.lang.SecurityException: User name [d3user] or password is invalid.
at org.apache.activemq.security.SimpleAuthenticationBroker.addConnection(SimpleAuthenticationBroker.java:85)
at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addConnection(BrokerFilter.java:92)
at org.apache.activemq.broker.MutableBrokerFilter.addConnection(MutableBrokerFilter.java:97)
at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.processAddConnection(TransportConnection.java:764)
at org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagedTransportConnection.processAddConnection(ManagedTransportConnection.java:79)
at org.apache.activemq.command.ConnectionInfo.visit(ConnectionInfo.java:139)
at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.service(TransportConnection.java:294)
at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection$1.onCommand(TransportConnection.java:148)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.onCommand(MutexTransport.java:45)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.AbstractInactivityMonitor.onCommand(AbstractInactivityMonitor.java:270)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.StompTransportFilter.sendToActiveMQ(StompTransportFilter.java:87)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.ProtocolConverter.sendToActiveMQ(ProtocolConverter.java:199)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.ProtocolConverter.onStompConnect(ProtocolConverter.java:766)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.ProtocolConverter.onStompCommand(ProtocolConverter.java:263)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.StompTransportFilter.onCommand(StompTransportFilter.java:75)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportSupport.doConsume(TransportSupport.java:83)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.java:214)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:196)

cai...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2015, 2:46:30 PM3/28/15
to openrail...@googlegroups.com, b...@benwoodward.me.uk, nre...@gmail.com, cai...@gmail.com
my bad, = my python stomp library requires "passcode" parameter not" password". so working now but first impression is the message is binary format?

Peter Hicks

Mar 28, 2015, 3:58:26 PM3/28/15

On 28/03/15 18:46, cai...@gmail.com wrote:
> my bad, = my python stomp library requires "passcode" parameter not" password". so working now but first impression is the message is binary format?
See http://wiki.openraildata.com/index.php/Darwin:Push_Port - the
messages are compressed with gzip to reduce their size before being
sent, so you'll need to un-gzip the message body when you receive the
message.

Peter