VSTP & Freight Data

Yusuf Ali

Sep 26, 2017, 5:51:44 AM9/26/17
Hi

I am looking to find a sample data set of VSTP data for freight services; in particular GBRf

Can anyone help me with this, to help me understand what I should be looking out for when there is a change for a GBRf schedule?

Thanks & Regards

Yusuf

Peter Hicks

Sep 26, 2017, 1:01:27 PM9/26/17
to Yusuf Ali, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi Yusuf

GBRf services in the VSTP feed should appear with a train_service_code value of one of GB Railfreight's service codes.  Unfortunately, I don't know what these are off-hand, but they will probably start with the digit '5'.

Peter

Yusuf Ali

Sep 27, 2017, 6:29:26 AM9/27/17
Hi Peter

Thanks for the reply

Can anyone help me with the GB Railfreight's service codes, and better yet a sample data set for this?

Kind Regards

Yusuf

Juhani Pirttilahti

Sep 28, 2017, 7:03:35 PM9/28/17
Hi Yusuf

Attached is a text file containing all current service codes related to GB Railfreight.

Codes starting with 2 are reserved for charter passenger services. And 5 for freight.

Regards

Juhani
GBRf service codes 2017-09-29.txt

Yusuf Ali

Sep 29, 2017, 4:03:32 AM9/29/17
Hi Juhani

Thank you very much for your help on this

Kind Regards

Yusuf

Yusuf Ali

Oct 16, 2017, 1:40:17 PM10/16/17
Hi Juhani/All

For the Freight updates, should we be able to receive Train Status message of freight train?

If so what should it be?

Kindest Regards

Yusuf

Kind Regards