Darwin Web Service (Staff) Filter Departure Board

Alexander MacLeod

Sep 18, 2017, 9:36:55 AM9/18/17
Dear all,

I am attempting to filter a departure board by station tiploc but it seems to return the same data no matter if a filter is supplied or not. I had success with the public version of Darwin but the staff version seems to be causing issues. For example:

<ldb:GetDepartureBoardByCRSRequest>
    <ldb:numRows>150</ldb:numRows>
    <ldb:crs>LEU</ldb:crs>
    <ldb:time>2017-09-18T14:30:00</ldb:time>
    <ldb:timeWindow>120</ldb:timeWindow>
    <ldb:filterTiploc>VICTRIA</ldb:filterTiploc>
    <ldb:filterType>to</ldb:filterType>
    <ldb:filterTOC></ldb:filterTOC>
    <ldb:services>PBS</ldb:services>
 </ldb:GetDepartureBoardByCRSRequest>

returns the exactly the same response as:

<ldb:GetDepartureBoardByCRSRequest>
    <ldb:numRows>150</ldb:numRows>
    <ldb:crs>LEU</ldb:crs>
    <ldb:time>2017-09-18T14:30:00</ldb:time>
    <ldb:timeWindow>120</ldb:timeWindow>
    <ldb:services>PBS</ldb:services>
 </ldb:GetDepartureBoardByCRSRequest>

I don't think this should be the case. Any ideas?

Rail Ale Fan

Sep 18, 2017, 3:08:47 PM9/18/17
Hi Alexander,

GetDepartureBoardByCRS doesn't accept a filterTiploc parameter so I guess the server is simply ignoring it and therefore no difference in the response.  The *ByCRS methods can be filtered by CRS using the filtercrs parameter but to filter by tiploc you'll need to use one of the *ByTiploc() methods which do accept the filterTiploc parameter...

Cheers