TD feed issues

Adrian Bradshaw

Jul 21, 2016, 9:24:01 AM7/21/16
to openraildata-talk

Hi

Am I the only one experiencing a general flakiness of the Train Describer feed? It's been poor for me for three days now, with symptoms as per usual - increased latency and missed messages.

The difference here is that latency is staying well under a minute and recovering to single figures of seconds, before rising again, rather than increasing and increasing until someone pulls the plug and "fixes" it. Likewise, the number of dropped messages is relatively small.

I'm also finding that after a restart, the STOMP client isn't always connecting first time - sometimes there is a time-out.

I've checked everything I can think to check at this end, including reboots and making sure that the server load averages aren't too high (they are not). There's been no change to my coding in many weeks, so I'm struggling to understand the problem.

So can someone put my mind at rest? ... or is this a problem I need to investigate further?

Thanks.

--

Adrian Bradshaw  Administrator (volunteer)

Railcam UK Limited

@: adr...@railcam.uk

Railcam.uk  Bringing The Lineside To Your Armchair

Railcam UK Limited | A company limited by guarantee | registration number 10167844

3rd Floor | 207 Regent Street | London W1B 3HH

Railcam UK Ltd is operated on a not-for-profit basis entirely by volunteers