Open Rail Data at Cleanweb

Peter Hicks

Feb 24, 2015, 4:12:40 AM2/24/15
to openraildata-talk
All,

Yesterday evening, I gave a talk about Open Rail Data at Cleanweb[1].  The slide deck is available[2] if you want to see what I talked about.

We are in exciting times!

Peter

signature.asc

petermount

Feb 24, 2015, 4:29:58 AM2/24/15
to openrail...@googlegroups.com
Sadly my cold flared up yesterday evening so I couldn't make it.

Mike Flynn

Feb 24, 2015, 5:33:23 AM2/24/15
to openrail...@googlegroups.com
A good comprehensive summary! Pity I couldn't make it along.  Hopefully next time.

Steve Ardagh-Walter

Feb 25, 2015, 3:12:41 AM2/25/15
to openrail...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter

I get a 404 not found error when going to your stash.poggs.com link

Steve

Andrew Jolly

Feb 25, 2015, 4:26:23 AM2/25/15
to Steve Ardagh-Walter, openrail...@googlegroups.com
just tried peter's link again and it worked fine for me

Chris Bailiss

Feb 26, 2015, 12:03:15 PM2/26/15
to openrail...@googlegroups.com
I also got a 404 trying to download the PDF when clicking the URL above but managed to work out the problem....

Clicking the URL Peter shared (in [2] above) opens the browser (Chrome in my case) at the URL:
This gives a 404.
Changing each of the pluses to a space character instead and the URL works.
The behaviour probably varies by browser, hence why it works for some people and not others.
Reminds me of being back in 1995 :-)

Thanks for sharing btw Peter.

Chris

Peter Hicks

Feb 26, 2015, 12:04:12 PM2/26/15

On 26/02/15 17:03, Chris Bailiss wrote:
> I also got a 404 trying to download the PDF when clicking the URL
> above but managed to work out the problem....
>
> Clicking the URL Peter shared (in [2] above) opens the browser (Chrome
> in my case) at the URL:
> http://stash.poggs.com/Cleanweb+OTT+Feb+2015.pdf
> This gives a 404.
> Changing each of the pluses to a space character instead and the URL
> works.
> The behaviour probably varies by browser, hence why it works for some
> people and not others.
> Reminds me of being back in 1995 :-)
It's also best viewed at 640x480 in 256 colours.

Peter