Departureboards & Nre-Feeds

petermount

Mar 20, 2018, 4:39:22 AM3/20/18
After just over 2 months of rewriting it from scratch in whatever spare time I could find, I've just made the new version of https://departureboards.mobi/ live.

Unlike the last version I've made this one totally OpenSource under the Apache2 license:
The front end is a simple React application whilst the backend currently consists of 4 docker based microservices written in GO, although they can also be used as libraries within other applications if needed.

The documentation for the backend is in it's wiki with interactive swagger documentation of the API's coming soon.

There's still some bugs & missing features, train associations are the main one, and knowledge base support is in the pipeline.

Peter

Ian Price

Mar 21, 2018, 3:21:01 PM3/21/18
Hi Peter,
I couldn't get your app to accept a postcode. After entering the first three characters, it said 'Searching...' and wouldn't let me enter the remaining characters. Is that feature not fully implemented yet?

Regards, Ian

petermount

Mar 21, 2018, 3:55:45 PM3/21/18
No not yet, I've yet to add the Postcode data from the Ordnance Survey & the coordinates for the stations. Once I've got those two sorted then that will work.

As for not allowing you to enter more than 3 chars, I've got that fixed on the test server https://uat.departureboards.mobi/ just not pushed that up to the live yet.

Peter