TRUST Message type 0008: Change of Location

Peter Hicks

Mar 30, 2017, 8:03:17 AM3/30/17
to openraildata-talk
All,

It appears that this new TRUST message was switched on this morning - from the documentation I have, the fields are as follows:

  * OriginalTrainID - The UWTTID at train call (activation)
  * EventTimestamp -
  * LocationStanox - the STANOX of the new location
  * WTTTimestamp - the WTT timestamp of the new event (arrival/departure)
  * OriginalLocationStanox - the STANOX of the original location
  * OriginalWTTTimestamp - the WTT timestamp of the original event (arrival/departure)
  * TrainServiceCode - the train service code
  * TrainFileAddress - for freight trains, the TFA as held on TOPS

I'll work out the cases in which this happens and update the wiki.

Peter

Chris Bailiss

Mar 30, 2017, 9:46:54 AM3/30/17
Thanks Peter

I realise not your responsibility, but these sorts of changes should really be communicated in advance.

Is there somewhere/someone I could contact to ask that these sorts of things are communicated in advance in future?

Chris

Peter Hicks

Mar 30, 2017, 9:48:13 AM3/30/17
to Chris Bailiss, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi Chris

I absolutely agree with you - I was surprised to see these messages appear without any warning.

Contact the NR Open Data support email address - they're the best people, as they manage the service day-to-day.

Peter

Chris Bailiss

May 28, 2017, 7:50:33 AM5/28/17
Hi Peter

Just wondering if you made any progress in working out the trigger(s) / cases in which these messages are sent?

I've checked the wiki, but the message type 0008 is marked as "not used in production" (unless I've missed something somewhere else).

Thanks

Chris